Rejoice Mavs fans, you all asked for a trade and you got it!
First reported by ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Denver Nuggets send Emmanuel Mudiay to the New York Knicks, the Knicks send Doug McDermott to the Mavericks and the Mavs send Devin Harris to the Nuggets.
Denver, New York and Dallas agreed on a three-way deal, league sources tell ESPN. Mudiay to Knicks; Devin Harris to Denver and Doug McDermott to Dallas.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) February 8, 2018
For those not familiar with Doug McDermott, he’s in his fourth NBA season and is known for his outside shooting. Originally drafted by the Bulls in 2014, was traded to the Thunder last season and then traded to the Knicks this summer in the Carmelo Anthony deal.
McDermott averaged 7.2 points this season for the Knicks while shooting 39% from three. Known for his star studded career at Creighton playing for his father, McDermott gained the nickname Dougie McBuckets for his scoring ability, averaging 26.7 points and seven rebounds per game while shooting 45% from downtown.
The trade gives the Mavs some more depth and shooting from the wing which you can never have enough of. Coincidentally, McDermott and Harrison Barnes were teammates at Ames High School in Iowa so a reunion is in the works for the two small forwards.
Along with McDermott, Dallas received a second-round pick from the Nuggets in the three-team trade, according to Shams Charania of Yahoo Sports.
Sources: Dallas is also acquiring second-round pick from Denver in trade sending Emmanuel Mudiay to New York, Devin Harris to Denver, Doug McDermott to Mavs.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) February 8, 2018
DH will forever be a Maverick and loved in Dallas. Sad to see Devin go but he’ll be able to help the Nuggets off the bench while they make a playoff push. DH is the perfect locker room guy to help mentor a guy like Jamal Murray. Notified of the trade at Mavs shoot around today, Devin spoke to the media on the trade.
— Earl K. Sneed (@EarlKSneed) February 8, 2018
The deadline isn’t over yet so let’s see if the Mavs have one last move in them!
- Cowboys: 2020 Mock Draft Watch 1.0
- Mavericks fall to Clippers as Dwight Powell injures Achilles, likely out for the season
- Photos: Mavs vs Clippers (January 21, 2020)
- Mailbag: Biggest draft need for the Cowboys?
- Photos: SMU vs Temple (January 18, 2020)
- Should Dallas entertain a Dez Bryant reunion?
- Five potential trade targets for the Mavericks
- What the latest Nolan Arenado drama with the Rockies means for the Rangers
- Tim Hardaway Jr. continuing to help Mavs thrive in starting lineup role
- Mavericks Weekly Preview (1/20-1/26)