On Wednesday, the Dallas Mavericks announced that they would be adding Jenny Boucek to their coaching staff. Boucek was a part of player development for the Sacramento Kings this past season. Before her position with the Kings, she was the head coach in the WNBA for the Seattle Storm from 2015-2017.
The Dallas Mavericks hired former WNBA head coach Jenny Boucek as assistant to the basketball staff/special projects, Rick Carlisle announced. Boucek spent last season as a player development coach with the Sacramento Kings, becoming the third woman to hold an NBA coaching…
— Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) July 18, 2018
Boucek was also the head coach for the Sacramento Monarchs in the WNBA from 2006-2009. The Monarchs folded in 2009 when it was announced the Maloof family would no longer operate the team.
Rick Carlisle had high praise for the new member to the Mavericks staff, who will be an assistant to the basketball staff/special projects. “I consider her one of the brightest minds in our game and welcome here to Dallas.”
Carlisle said Jenny Boucek: "Will be involved in wide-ranging basketball assignments. Jenny is a veteran WNBA head coach and was a player development coach last season for the Sacramento Kings. I consider her one of the brightest minds in our game and welcome here to Dallas."
— Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) July 18, 2018
Boucek followed a familiar face to the Mavericks organization in Nancy Lieberman when she joined the Kings in 2017. Lieberman spent time with the Kings as an assistant coach in 2015 and who was once the head coach of the Mavericks G-League affiliate, the Texas Legends in 2009.
As for Boucek’s career before coaching, she had a short stint in the inaugural season of the WNBA in 1997 with the Cleveland Rockers before playing overseas for Keflavik in the Icelandic Urvalsdeild.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Mavericks look to extend winning streak against the Rockets
- Luka and the Mavs make it happen when it counts in win over the Spurs
- How will the Rangers handle attendance in 2021 with Spring Training and the season approaching?
- Mavericks’ rookie Josh Green embraces the ‘dirty work’
- Three things to watch for as the Mavericks travel to San Antonio
- Reactions after Mavs snap three-game losing streak against Pacers
- Mavericks visit the Pacers as both teams fight through major injuries
- Three takeaways as the depleted Mavericks lose their third straight to Toronto
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars enter 2021 season with question marks after delayed start
- What to watch for as the Mavericks look to bounce back against Toronto