The theme of ‘Maverick Women’ not only alludes to our beloved Dallas sports team, but also the dictionary definition of a maverick – an independent-minded person who marches to the beat of her own drum and refuses to be boxed in preconceived notions.
Maverick’s assistant coach Jenny Boucek made an appearance just minutes before tipoff in the American Airlines Center to share some inspiring words and describes what it takes to be a Maverick Woman.
“It’s an exciting time for women,” said Boucek. “We are a team; we are in this together. While I’m hoping to make you guys all proud I need your support and women in my position need your support as we’re trying to break through some ceilings because not everybody’s in favor of us.”
“[As a woman] When you get introduced to a new opportunity you’re also taking away some opportunities from other people [men.] There are some people who aren’t happy about women being given opportunities because it’s now more competition for them. If we are equipped, we should not be out of the conversation because of our gender. I don’t want to get a job because of my gender but I also don’t want to not get a job because of my gender. It’s an exciting time not just for sports but hopefully in how women are perceived in all aspects of life.”
Catch my full Q&A with Coach Boucek in the video above!
BEDGEAR’s philosophy is that your sleep is personal, temperature is key to deep sleep and the best teams work together to develop the best products that aid sleepers of all types. Get matched with your personalized pillow ID to get the best fueled sleep of your life!
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- As Kristaps Porzingis returns, the Mavericks are poised to take the league by storm
- A couple takeaways from The Mavericks 104-93 win over the Hornets
- What to watch for as short-handed Mavericks face the Hornets
- Mark Cuban is open to hosting vaccinated healthcare workers for free at Mavs games later this season
- Predicting the 2021 Texas Rangers Roster Configuration: Infield and Catcher
- Five plays that defined the Dallas Cowboys 2020 season
- The return of Porzingis? Unanswered COVID questions? Mavs/Pelicans bring a ton to the table on Monday
- From bad to worse: Kleber news takes Mavs’ COVID situation to a place that will be hard to handle
- The Home Court Show: Mavs take down the Magic thanks to the hot shooting of Tim Hardaway Jr.
- Predicting the 2021 Texas Rangers Roster Configuration: the Bullpen