The theme of ‘Maverick Women’ not only alludes to our beloved Dallas sports team, but also the dictionary definition of a maverick – an independent-minded person who marches to the beat of her own drum and refuses to be boxed in preconceived notions.
Maverick’s assistant coach Jenny Boucek made an appearance just minutes before tipoff in the American Airlines Center to share some inspiring words and describes what it takes to be a Maverick Woman.
“It’s an exciting time for women,” said Boucek. “We are a team; we are in this together. While I’m hoping to make you guys all proud I need your support and women in my position need your support as we’re trying to break through some ceilings because not everybody’s in favor of us.”
“[As a woman] When you get introduced to a new opportunity you’re also taking away some opportunities from other people [men.] There are some people who aren’t happy about women being given opportunities because it’s now more competition for them. If we are equipped, we should not be out of the conversation because of our gender. I don’t want to get a job because of my gender but I also don’t want to not get a job because of my gender. It’s an exciting time not just for sports but hopefully in how women are perceived in all aspects of life.”
Catch my full Q&A with Coach Boucek in the video above!
BEDGEAR’s philosophy is that your sleep is personal, temperature is key to deep sleep and the best teams work together to develop the best products that aid sleepers of all types. Get matched with your personalized pillow ID to get the best fueled sleep of your life!
- Wilson’s deal presents ideal time for Prescott extension
- Dallas Stars score four first period goals in Game 4 rout of Predators
- Photos: Stars vs Predators (April 17, 2019)
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa continuing to learn and grow for the Rangers
- Arike Ogunbowale evolves Wings backcourt, set for rookie season in Dallas
- The Greatness That is Texas Rangers’ PA Announcer Chuck Morgan
- Photos: Rangers vs Angels (April 15, 2019)
- What makes up the Rangers’ manager Chris Woodward’s new philosophy?
- Photos: Rangers vs Athletics (April 14, 2019)
- Taking a deeper look into a rollercoaster week for Rangers closer Jose Leclerc