It’s been a rough preseason for the Mavericks when it comes to gathering wins but alas, it’s the preseason. The preseason is about improving as a basketball player as the coaching staff weighs who will make the final roster.
Though tonight, Dallas turned their luck around and got revenge on the Thunder, who they lost to last week in Tulsa, winning 107-70.
Luka was in regular season form, finishing with 19 points, 10 rebounds, and 7 assists. Porzingis chipped in with a double-double himself, 17 points and 13 rebounds.
Porzingis’ shot radius
When you’re 7’3”, not many players are going to be able to block your shot. But when you’re 7’3” with unlimited range, then you’re talking about an even smaller number. Porzingis’ ability to get his shot off over any and every defender is a weapon of mass destruction for the Mavericks. Like Dirk and Kevin Durant, the height at which they let the ball go at the peak of their follow through, gives the defender little chance to truly contest, let alone block their shot. Adding a weapon like KP with this kind of shot radius alongside Luka could morph this offense into something lethal.
Wright’s passing vision
Now, Mavs fans who don’t follow the rest of the NBA like a hawk may not have been sure of what Delon Wright does well as a basketball player. Matter a fact, he does everything pretty darn well. He’s a very versatile guard offensively who can guard multiple positions on the defensive end. Tonight, he showcased his passing ability with a handful of special cross court passes to teammates in the corner. A versatile playmaker like Wright being able to not only take the ballhandling load off of Luka but finding Luka, KP, Curry, etc. open for three is an added plus to his defensive ability.
— MavsHighlights (@MavsHighlights) October 15, 2019
The Mavericks will be back on the road as they head to Vancouver to take on the Los Angeles Clippers in their final preseason game.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Five Key Points: Previewing Dallas (3) vs Calgary (7)
- Tim Hardaway Jr. and Mavs role players step up to handle the Jazz in the second half
- What to watch for as Mavericks take on the Jazz
- 23-year-old Collin Morikawa wins the PGA Championship
- Rangers sweep Angels thanks to oddities and a Lance Lynn milestone
- No shortage of amazement for Luka Doncic’s insane pass late in the Mavs win over the Bucks
- An all-time Luka performance leads the Mavs past the Bucks in overtime
- Have the Rangers turned the tide of their 2020 season in the last several days?
- What to watch for as Mavs face Bucks on ESPN
- Takeaways from Mike McCarthy speaking to the media Friday