It’s been a rough preseason for the Mavericks when it comes to gathering wins but alas, it’s the preseason. The preseason is about improving as a basketball player as the coaching staff weighs who will make the final roster.
Though tonight, Dallas turned their luck around and got revenge on the Thunder, who they lost to last week in Tulsa, winning 107-70.
Luka was in regular season form, finishing with 19 points, 10 rebounds, and 7 assists. Porzingis chipped in with a double-double himself, 17 points and 13 rebounds.
Porzingis’ shot radius
When you’re 7’3”, not many players are going to be able to block your shot. But when you’re 7’3” with unlimited range, then you’re talking about an even smaller number. Porzingis’ ability to get his shot off over any and every defender is a weapon of mass destruction for the Mavericks. Like Dirk and Kevin Durant, the height at which they let the ball go at the peak of their follow through, gives the defender little chance to truly contest, let alone block their shot. Adding a weapon like KP with this kind of shot radius alongside Luka could morph this offense into something lethal.
Wright’s passing vision
Now, Mavs fans who don’t follow the rest of the NBA like a hawk may not have been sure of what Delon Wright does well as a basketball player. Matter a fact, he does everything pretty darn well. He’s a very versatile guard offensively who can guard multiple positions on the defensive end. Tonight, he showcased his passing ability with a handful of special cross court passes to teammates in the corner. A versatile playmaker like Wright being able to not only take the ballhandling load off of Luka but finding Luka, KP, Curry, etc. open for three is an added plus to his defensive ability.
— MavsHighlights (@MavsHighlights) October 15, 2019
The Mavericks will be back on the road as they head to Vancouver to take on the Los Angeles Clippers in their final preseason game.
- Porzingis struggles as Mavericks fail to end Celtics win streak
- Forget the past, Josh Donaldson is the best outside option for the Rangers at third base
- Two observations from the last week of Mavs basketball
- Mavericks Weekly Preview (11/11-11/17)
- Gut Feeling: DSF writers give their final thoughts on Cowboys, Vikings Sunday night matchup
- Rangers Regular Season Awards: Season Overview
- Luka, Mavericks handle business against the Grizzlies
- SMU Mustangs bounces back, outlasts East Carolina
- Photos: SMU vs East Carolina (November 9, 2019)
- Rangers Regular Season Awards: Top Plays