On the night they debuted their new “City” jerseys (black featuring neon green and blue accents representing Dallas’ skyline), Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum spoiled the event for Dallas as Portland extended the Mavericks’ losing ways with a 107-93 win.
The Mavericks (16-33) opened the game strong by limiting Portland to just 17 points in the opening frame. McCollum had 11 points in the frame, but went just 8-of-21 from the field while Dallas opened 11-of-44 and 3-of-5 from deep.
Portland responded with a 35-17 effort in the second quarter, turning a double-digit deficit into a 52-44 lead for the Mavericks.
Dennis Smith Jr. was excellent even in defeat, exploding in the third quarter for transition 3s, strong drives to the basket and he had several assists to help keep the Mavericks in range. He finished with 18 points, seven assists and four rebounds.
In the fourth, Portland’s lead ballooned to 95-74 as Lillard continued to stay hot. Ed Davis also turned in a solid game for the Blazers with 15 points and 13 rebounds. Lillard finished with 29 points on 9-of-18 shooting including 3-of-8 from deep.
Harrison Barnes was the top scorer for Dallas with 21 points on 6-of-15 shooting. He also snagged seven boards and went 7-of-7 from the foul line.
Dallas plays at Denver tomorrow night at 8 p.m. before returning home on Monday to face the Heat. After that, the Mavericks are on the road for four straight against the Suns, Kings, Clippers and Warriors before returning home to play Lakers on Saturday, Feb. 10.
Dallas then has a road matchup with Houston the very next day before completing their pre-All Star break schedule with a home game against the Kings on Tuesday, Feb. 13.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Stars Weekly: Stars limp into March after losing eight of last nine
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars Backsliding after rough week- Can they catch up to Chicago down the stretch?
- What to watch for as the Mavericks take on the Magic
- Dissecting Game One of an Odd Spring Training for the Rangers
- Three thoughts as Kristaps Porzingis returns to the Mavs lineup in win over the Nets
- Joey Gallo is Digging for More Gold in Right Field in 2021 for the Rangers
- What to watch for as the Dallas Mavericks take on the Brooklyn Nets
- What does the immediate and distant future look like for the Mavericks and Kristaps Porzingis relationship?
- Mavericks simply don’t have enough for the fight in loss to the 76ers
- How Kyle Cody is already making a major impact in the Rangers organization