On the night they debuted their new “City” jerseys (black featuring neon green and blue accents representing Dallas’ skyline), Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum spoiled the event for Dallas as Portland extended the Mavericks’ losing ways with a 107-93 win.
The Mavericks (16-33) opened the game strong by limiting Portland to just 17 points in the opening frame. McCollum had 11 points in the frame, but went just 8-of-21 from the field while Dallas opened 11-of-44 and 3-of-5 from deep.
Portland responded with a 35-17 effort in the second quarter, turning a double-digit deficit into a 52-44 lead for the Mavericks.
Dennis Smith Jr. was excellent even in defeat, exploding in the third quarter for transition 3s, strong drives to the basket and he had several assists to help keep the Mavericks in range. He finished with 18 points, seven assists and four rebounds.
In the fourth, Portland’s lead ballooned to 95-74 as Lillard continued to stay hot. Ed Davis also turned in a solid game for the Blazers with 15 points and 13 rebounds. Lillard finished with 29 points on 9-of-18 shooting including 3-of-8 from deep.
Harrison Barnes was the top scorer for Dallas with 21 points on 6-of-15 shooting. He also snagged seven boards and went 7-of-7 from the foul line.
Dallas plays at Denver tomorrow night at 8 p.m. before returning home on Monday to face the Heat. After that, the Mavericks are on the road for four straight against the Suns, Kings, Clippers and Warriors before returning home to play Lakers on Saturday, Feb. 10.
Dallas then has a road matchup with Houston the very next day before completing their pre-All Star break schedule with a home game against the Kings on Tuesday, Feb. 13.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Five Rangers making their presence known after Week One of Summer Camp
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Qualifiers get the green light- how does Dallas matchup in its first three games?
- Best of the Mavericks social media fun after several days in the bubble
- NHL set to return August 1st; Stars skate again on August 3rd
- Tony Romo seeks third straight American Century Championship title in Lake Tahoe
- Key details from the announced Rangers 2021 schedule
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep 2: Iffy testing procedures and a look into the 2020 schedule
- Shin-Soo Choo continuing to help the Rangers organization on and off the field
- Jordan Spieth and other top pros return for the Workday Charity Classic
- Evaluating the new 2020 Rangers regular season schedule