The road woes continued tonight for the Mavericks as they fell to the Houston Rockets, 120-104. Tonight marked the second night of a back-to-back following a thrilling comeback victory against Portland on Sunday afternoon. Luka led the way for Dallas with 21 points, 10 rebounds, and eight assists.
Doe Doe’s defense on Harden
For the people who didn’t watch tonight’s game and only look at the box score, they won’t be able to see just how hard Dorian Finney-Smith made James Harden work all game long as he extended his 30-point streak to 30 games.
Doe Doe helped hold Harden to only 11 points at halftime, as he was struggling to find his shot with Finney-Smith trailing him every where he went.
Harden went into the fourth quarter with 20 points and it was looking like the Mavericks would be taking a moral victory back home with them by ending the streak. Yet, Harden found a groove down the stretch, as it was clear he was hunting for shots to extend the streak. You could argue Harden didn’t need to be in the game as the Rockets seemed to have a firm grip on the game but after what the Mavs did to the Blazers yesterday, no lead is safe.
Nonetheless, Finney-Smith played terrific defense on Harden all night long. His defensive prowess and versatility along with his effort on the offensive glass and improved three point stroke, Doe Doe has become a player that we should foresee being in Dallas for a long time.
All-Star break looming
It has hit that point in the season where it’s evident that teams need some rest. The upcoming All-Star break will be much needed for the Mavericks, especially with all the craziness swarming around this team after two franchise altering trades last week.
Though Luka and Dirk will be busy in Charlotte during All-Star weekend, the team as a whole will be able to relax and get ready to finish the season on a strong note.
The Mavericks will finish out this week back home against the Miami Heat on Wednesday before the break starts.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Spieth and many other big names out as the PGA Tour heads to Detroit for the Rocket Mortgage Classic
- FC Dallas in the spotlight due to to nine reported positive COVID-19 tests in Orlando
- A Dak Prescott decision needs to made
- Dustin Johnson wins the Traveler’s Championship on Sunday with weather delays
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep. 1: Notes on the planned 2020 season
- What to expect from the WNBA 2020 season
- News of COVID-19 cases continues tough month of off-field happenings for Rangers
- Several Rangers employees test positive for COVID-19; what does this mean for the potential home opener?
- Mavericks restart schedule announced on Friday night
- Did Chris Woodward get it right by naming Lance Lynn the Rangers Opening Day starter?