UT Arlington hosts a victorious “Blue Out” night just a day after the Super Blue Blood Moon occurs. Coincidence?
The last time these two teams met was in December when the Mountaineers won 80-76 at Boone. The Mavericks now lead the series 7-2.
Erick Neal, who was feeling under the weather, led the Mavericks to a comeback victory with a total of 38 points and six assists, a new career high in scoring for the senior forward.
What was Neal’s motivation throughout this comeback win? Simply put, he didn’t want to lose.
Neal went head-to-head with App State guard Ronshad Shabazz for the majority of the night. Although Neal is a small defender his speed was a strong advantage during tonight’s matchup, he says.
Nathan Hawkins was also a huge factor for the Mavericks tonight with an explosive performance racking him up 19 points.
“Nate played big time, that’s what we need him to do every single game,” said Neal. “If he’s doing that then we’re definitely going to win every game. He was outstanding”
During the first half, starting guard Kaelon Wilson suffered an upper-body injury and did not participate the remainder of the game. Coach Cross confirmed Wilson was taken to the hospital to be evaluated, but the training staff is hopeful it is a minor injury. Updates on Wilson are still pending.
The Mavericks improve their record to 14-10, 5-6 Sun Belt Conference and hope to keep the momentum going as they prepare for Coastal Carolina on Saturday.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Dak, Cowboys unlikely to reach deal before Wednesdays deadline
- Dallas Wings release Wubble season schedule
- After three playoff holes, Colin Morikawa wins at Muirfield Village
- Five Rangers making their presence known after Week One of Summer Camp
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Qualifiers get the green light- how does Dallas matchup in its first three games?
- Best of the Mavericks social media fun after several days in the bubble
- NHL set to return August 1st; Stars skate again on August 3rd
- Tony Romo seeks third straight American Century Championship title in Lake Tahoe
- Key details from the announced Rangers 2021 schedule
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep 2: Iffy testing procedures and a look into the 2020 schedule