UT Arlington hosts a victorious “Blue Out” night just a day after the Super Blue Blood Moon occurs. Coincidence?
The last time these two teams met was in December when the Mountaineers won 80-76 at Boone. The Mavericks now lead the series 7-2.
Erick Neal, who was feeling under the weather, led the Mavericks to a comeback victory with a total of 38 points and six assists, a new career high in scoring for the senior forward.
What was Neal’s motivation throughout this comeback win? Simply put, he didn’t want to lose.
Neal went head-to-head with App State guard Ronshad Shabazz for the majority of the night. Although Neal is a small defender his speed was a strong advantage during tonight’s matchup, he says.
Nathan Hawkins was also a huge factor for the Mavericks tonight with an explosive performance racking him up 19 points.
“Nate played big time, that’s what we need him to do every single game,” said Neal. “If he’s doing that then we’re definitely going to win every game. He was outstanding”
During the first half, starting guard Kaelon Wilson suffered an upper-body injury and did not participate the remainder of the game. Coach Cross confirmed Wilson was taken to the hospital to be evaluated, but the training staff is hopeful it is a minor injury. Updates on Wilson are still pending.
The Mavericks improve their record to 14-10, 5-6 Sun Belt Conference and hope to keep the momentum going as they prepare for Coastal Carolina on Saturday.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Mavericks have no answer for Joel Embiid in loss to 76ers on Monday night
- Texas Rangers announce Rowdy Energy as organization’s official energy drink
- Red-hot Hintz helps Stars to points in three of last four ahead of what ends up as a quiet trade deadline
- NFL Draft: Who were the best picks from each of Dallas’ last 10 drafts?
- What to watch for as the Mavs host Philadelphia
- Season Preview: Is this a “make it or break it” year for Elliott?
- Is time almost up for Ronald Guzmán to show the Rangers that he belongs?
- DeMar DeRozan hits game-winner as Mavericks fall late to Spurs
- Hideki Matsuyama wins the Masters, Japan’s first major championship
- What to watch for as the Mavericks take on the Spurs