Today it was reported that the Dallas Mavericks are going to sign Texas Legends guard Pierre Jackson and potentially waive Jonathan Gibson to make room for him which, at first, may just look like a wash move. The Mavs would waive Gibson a smaller shoot first guard for Jackson, another smaller shoot first guard. The biggest difference is that Jackson is 3 years and 9 months younger than Gibson who turned 29 in November. After that, they play a similar style and have similar NBA experience (Gibson had none before he was signed this season and Jackson has none now). Mavs PR staff confirmed today that the former Baylor guard will be joining the Mavs so here’s what Pappy Gawd brings to the table.
Previous Teams: Texas Legends, Idaho Stampede (Full Stats)
College: Baylor (2 years)
Drafted: 42nd Overall in 2013 by Philadelphia 76ers
Nicknames: Young Jack, Pappy Jack, Pappy Gawd
Driving, Spot-Ups, and Catch-and-Shoot Scoring
Jackson is shooting 54% from the field and almost 43% from three point range. According to NBA.com, he’s specifically 10/20 from three at the top of the key.
Two years ago, while playing for the Idaho Stampede, Jackson broke the D-League scoring record in a game against1 the Texas Legends.
He also broke the club record for scoring in a single game when he played for Cedevita Zagreb in the EuroCup.
Jackson consistently averages 5+ assists per game everywhere he goes. Check out some of these finds from a few years ago when he played in the Adidas Nations tournament.
According to DraftExpress.com Jackson recorded a 42.5” max vertical which, for what it’s worth, is higher than Zach LaVine’s. There are factors that play into those records but watch this 5’10” man almost hit his head on the 10-foot rim.
A few nuggets from that interview:
– He knows what shoes he’s going to wear when he faces Lebron (Mavs play Cavs Jan 30 in AAC)
– He and Chicago Sky player Cappie Pondexter wear the same size shoe and she sends him kicks she doesn’t want.
– Nick Young is the guy that “brings the most heat” in the shoe department
– His favorite player growing up was Jonny Flynn
On July 5th, 2014 in a Summer League game Pappy Jack tore his right Achilles2 which is why he missed the entire 2014-15 season. There’s a youtube series documenting his road to recovery called THEYSLEEP | The Road to Recovery.
Also, he has a really cute kid named Journee.
— PAPPY (@PAPPYGAWD) November 24, 2016
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Join Rangers Kyle Gibson and Big League Impact and Play Topgolf for Charity
- DSF Q&A: Five questions for Dallas after 40-39 win over Atlanta
- Game Recap: Cowboys win against all odds against Falcons
- Former SMU Mustang Bryson DeChambeau wins US Open at Winged Foot
- Are the 2020 circumstances in baseball benefitting the Rangers’ development?
- The Stars take game one handily thanks to Khudobin and defensemen scoring
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Finals Preview
- Game Preview: Dallas Cowboys vs Atlanta Falcons
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep 13: Hanging out with Jared Sandler
- DSF Players to Watch: Which Falcons should Dallas watch out for?