Though a shameful loss against the Bulls on Friday may linger in the minds of fans, the Mavericks must have a short memory as the streaking Pelicans are in town.
New Orleans, whose season was stamped to be finished when Boogie Cousins went down with an Achilles injury, have rallied on the back of Anthony Davis. Winning seven straight games, the Pelicans have solidified themselves in the middle of the Western Conference playoff race.
In February, Davis averaged 35 points and 13 points per game. But The Brow isn’t alone, as Jrue Holiday has played great basketball all season long. In the four games since the All-Star break, Holiday has averaged 27.5 points, 5.5 boards, and 6.3 assists.
With Nerlens Noel back in the Dallas lineup, the Mavs have to hope he can help slow down his fellow Kentucky Wildcat in Davis. Dwight Powell’s impressive play of late will be important as it needs to continue.
After Dennis Smth Jr. hit somewhat of a rookie wall, he has played well since the break. Though in two losses, DSJ took over in the overtime loss against the Thunder and scored 25 points in Chicago on Friday.
Early tip-off tonight at 6:00pm on FSSW.
- Your Texas Rangers Early Opening Day Roster Predictions
- Months Later, Texas Rangers Players Reflect on World Series Impact to Rangers Fans
- How Dane Dunning is connecting with Ranger fans on a different Level
- Why There’s Difficulty Bringing in a Free Agent Starter for the Texas Rangers
- Should the Texas Rangers Bring Back These Six Free Agents