Who is ready for some summer basketball?
I don’t know about you, but it feels bizarre that in this “new” world that we are living in that the NBA is coming back in just over a month. The NBA released its end of season schedule Friday night and each of the 22 teams will play “eight seeding games” between July 30th-August 14th.
Key details for the restart
June 23rd: Players began testing for COVID. They will be testing every other day until the teams leave for Orlando.
July 7-9: Teams will start traveling to Orlando.
July 9-29: Training camps begin for teams.
July 21-22: Teams can start inter squad scrimmages. These scrimmages will be scheduled by the NBA and will have NBA referees.
July 30-August 14: 22 teams will play 8 seeding games to finalize 16 playoff teams.
August 15-16: If the 9th seed is within four game of 8th seed, they will play each other and if the 8th seed wins one game, they get into the playoffs. 9th seed has to win two games.
August 17: NBA playoffs begin. (Could be moved up if 8 seed vs. 9 seed games don’t need to be played.)
August 30: Families of players can begin arriving to the “bubble.”
August 31-September 13: Conference semifinals.
September 15-28: Conference finals.
September 30-October 13: NBA Finals.
One interesting notes that you will notice from the Mavs schedule is that games will be played anywhere from 12pm local time to 9pm. Seven games per day and the NBA will use three total courts, two for national TV.
Official Dallas Mavericks schedule
7/31, 8pm: Houston Rockets (Mavs 1.5 games behind Rockets)
8/3, 8pm: Phoenix Suns
8/4. 1:30pm: Sacramento Kings
8/6, 5:30pm: Los Angeles Clippers
8/8, 7:30pm: Milwaukee Bucks
8/10, 2pm: Utah Jazz (Mavs 2.5 behind Utah entering restart)
8/11, 4pm: Portland Trailblazers
8/13. TBD: Phoenix Suns
*The seeding technically doesn’t matter since all games will be played in Orlando.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Around the NFC East: Cowboys win on Sunday creates big opportunity in upcoming weeks
- TweetCap: Fans react to the Cowboys comeback win over Atlanta
- Join Rangers Kyle Gibson and Big League Impact and Play Topgolf for Charity
- DSF Q&A: Five questions for Dallas after 40-39 win over Atlanta
- Game Recap: Cowboys win against all odds against Falcons
- Former SMU Mustang Bryson DeChambeau wins US Open at Winged Foot
- Are the 2020 circumstances in baseball benefitting the Rangers’ development?
- The Stars take game one handily thanks to Khudobin and defensemen scoring
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Finals Preview
- Game Preview: Dallas Cowboys vs Atlanta Falcons