Tonight, the Mavericks return home to take on the Philadelphia 76ers following their thrilling victory yesterday in Oklahoma City. Tonight’s game marks the first of a three-game road stand.
The injury report for tonight’s game will be a lengthy one as Luka Doncic will likely miss his second straight game as he’s listed as doubtful with a right thigh contusion.
For Philadelphia, Jimmy Butler is out tonight with back tightness and Joel Embiid is out due to rest.
With Luka missing another game, this makes for more minutes for Trey Burke, Justin Jackson, and Ryan Broekhoff as Jalen Brunson heads the point guard position.
Dirk the rebounder?
It was a pleasant surprise to see Dirk snag 13 rebounds in yesterday’s match up against the Thunder. It was a glimpse of vintage Dirk as it’s been quite some time since he was this active on the glass.
Per Brad Townsend of DMN, Dirk currently sits at 9,983 defensive rebounds over his career, fifth most in NBA history. 17 more to 10,000 and Dirk will find himself once again, amongst the greats.
Per @MavsPR, @swish41's 12 defensive rebounds yesterday (and 13 overall) bring his career defensive rebound total to 9,983, fifth-most in NBA history. Needs 17 in final 6 games to join Kevin Garnett, Karl Malone, Tim Duncan and Robert Parish in the 10K defensive rebound club.
— Brad Townsend (@townbrad) April 1, 2019
That means, Dirk will need to average 2.83 rebounds over the final six games to accomplish this feat. Safe to say, I like his chances.
Mavs and 76ers tip-off tonight at 7:30pm on Fox Sports Southwest.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- PHOTOS: Blue for Black Lives Matter March
- NHL and NHLPA Come to Agreement on Playoff Formatting
- International return dates for Mavs stars are among the new details emerging in NBA’s plan to return
- As MLB owners and players clash over money, Rangers baseball in 2020 is looking iffier than ever
- NBA ready to ratify plan for a return in Orlando; How does it shake out for the Mavs?
- Prescott makes impactful statement on George Floyd, donates $1M to cause
- Dirk Nowitzki & the Mavericks backing up their words with action in the community
- PHOTOS: Protests around DFW
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Vicente Padilla’s gem and Michael Young Clutch double lifts Rangers over Royals.
- PHOTOS: Protesters gather in Dallas