As the return of the NBA season approaches, decisions on whether players opt to play or stay home for the resumed season in Orlando are imminent.
Mavericks center Willie Cauley-Stein decided Thursday to sit out of the resumed NBA season, first reported by The Athletic’s Sham Charania, as Cauley-Stein and his partner are welcoming a baby next month.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) June 25, 2020
The loss of Cauley-Stein adds to an already depleted roster as Dwight Powell and Jalen Brunson had previously been ruled out due to injuries sustained during the season. And during the league’s shutdown, the Mavericks also lost veteran guard Courtney Lee, who suffered a calf injury which required surgery.
The Mavericks will be among the teams looking for roster reinforcements Tuesday when the NBA's one-week transaction window opens after veteran swingman Courtney Lee suffered a calf injury during the shutdown that required surgery, league sources say
— Marc Stein (@TheSteinLine) June 22, 2020
To fill the open roster spot, Dallas agreed to terms with Trey Burke, a familiar face in the Mavericks building. Burke, who was waived by Philadelphia in February, was traded to Dallas in the Kristaps Porzingis deal last year, averaging 9.7 points per game in his 25 games as a Maverick.
Unsure what role Burke could play in Orlando but adding a veteran guard who can score the basketball but most importantly, is familiar with Carlisle’s system surely adds a bit of comfort and depth to a depleted roster without the likes of Jalen Brunson in the backcourt.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Three takeaways as the depleted Mavericks lose their third straight to Toronto
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars enter 2021 season with question marks after delayed start
- What to watch for as the Mavericks look to bounce back against Toronto
- A couple of takeaways from the Mavericks 117-101 loss to the Bulls.
- Photos: Mavs vs Bulls (January 17, 2021)
- Will the Mavs overcome late-game woes against the skidding Chicago Bulls?
- Predicting the 2021 Texas Rangers Roster Configuration: Outfield and DH
- Late game miscues stand out as Mavericks fall to the Bucks in Milwaukee
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 19: The holidays are not over w/ Wes Benjamin
- As Kristaps Porzingis returns, the Mavericks are poised to take the league by storm