On Sunday, following the announcement that a helicopter in Calabasas tragically crashed, killing all nine passengers, including Kobe Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter Gianna, the Mavericks have planned a tribute in honor of Bryant.
Mavericks owner Mark Cuban made a statement Sunday evening, declaring that “the number 24 will never again be worn by a Dallas Maverick.”
“We are shocked and saddened by the devastating news of the passing of Kobe Bryant and his daughter, Gianna,” Cuban said in the statement. “Kobe was an ambassador for our game, a decorated legend, and a global icon. Above all, he was a loving and dedicated father.”
You will be dearly missed, Legend 🙏 No Maverick will ever wear 24 again. pic.twitter.com/GSrWUDcuFk
— Dallas Mavericks (@dallasmavs) January 27, 2020
“Our hearts go out to all the lives lost and the families impacted by this terrible tragedy. We send out thoughts and prayers to Vanessa and the family, the Lakers organization, and Kobe Bryant fans everywhere.”
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Plenty of Rangers players having to be flexible as they look to make the roster
- ‘Luka Magic’ drafted to Team LeBron for 2021 NBA All-Star Game
- Mavericks head into All-Star break with a win over the Thunder
- Photos: Mavs vs Thunder (March 3, 2021)
- Is the Trevor Story dream realistic for the Rangers?
- Is it flight or fall for Ronald Guzmán and the Rangers?
- What to watch for as the Dallas Mavericks face the Oklahoma City Thunder
- Luka to participate in the NBA Skills Challenge
- Dak Prescott wants Patrick Mahomes money?
- A couple of takeaways as the Mavericks escape the Magic in Orlando