We have a trade!
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical, the Dallas Mavericks have acquired center Nerlens Noel from the Philadelphia 76ers in exchange for Justin Anderson, Andrew Bogut and a conditional first round pick. In the deal, Dallas will create two trade exceptions, worth $6.6 million and $1.5 million.
According to ESPN’s Marc Stein, Dallas’ draft pick is protected 1-18, making it very likely Dallas would keep the pick for the 2017 NBA Draft in June. Per Yahoo! Sports, the Mavs currently have the best odds to select seventh in this year’s NBA draft.
The 76ers are expected to buy-out Bogut’s contract.
How would you grade the Mavs trade for Nerlens Noel?
— DallasSportsFanatic (@Dallas_Fanatic) February 23, 2017
With the recent emergence of Joel “The Proccess” Embiid, Noel, 6-11, 228 lbs, has found himself as the odd man out in the Sixers logjam at center. Philadelphia also reportedly engaged in talks with several teams in an effort to move center Jahlil Okafor.
Nerlens, is in his third year in the league. He’s averaged 8.9 points, 5.0 rebounds, 0.9 blocks while playing 19.4 minutes per game. Per 36 minutes, Nerlens averages 16.4 pts, 9.2 rebs, 2.7 steals, 1.9 assists and 1.7 blocks. The 22 year-old Noel was the sixth pick by New Orleans in the 2013 NBA Draft. He’ll be a restricted free agent this summer with a qualifying offer of $5,848,909 according to Hoops Hype.
At 6-11, 228 lbs, Noel now joins forward Harrison Barnes and Dwight Powell in the post-Dirk Nowitzki rebuild for the Mavs.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Takeaways From Game Two, as Lightning Even the Series
- Around the NFC East: Cowboys win on Sunday creates big opportunity in upcoming weeks
- TweetCap: Fans react to the Cowboys comeback win over Atlanta
- Join Rangers Kyle Gibson and Big League Impact and Play Topgolf for Charity
- DSF Q&A: Five questions for Dallas after 40-39 win over Atlanta
- Game Recap: Cowboys win against all odds against Falcons
- Former SMU Mustang Bryson DeChambeau wins US Open at Winged Foot
- Are the 2020 circumstances in baseball benefitting the Rangers’ development?
- The Stars take game one handily thanks to Khudobin and defensemen scoring
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Finals Preview