The Mavericks spent the Christmas holiday riding a two game losing streak.
Things won’t be getting easier anytime soon, as their next opponent is the East leading Raptors. Yes, you read that right.
Toronto is once again led by their all star backcourt of Demar Derozan and Kyle Lowry. The Raptors are 9-1 in their last ten games behind the two of them averaging almost 41 points per contest.
Given the Mavs recent defensive struggles, these two could really be an issue for them. Heat guards Wayne Ellington and Josh Richardson recently combined for 52 points on 10 theee point makes while the team was in Miami. While Hawks guard Dennis Schroeder set a career high with 33 in their win over Dallas, the second time he’s hit a career mark against the Mavericks this season.
Offensivley during this losing skid, they have been surprisingly effective. Led by the old heads, JJ Barea, Devin Harris, and of course, Grandpa Dirk.
Dirk specifically has been sharp. Averaging nearly 17 points per game over their last 3 outings. The old cliche “The jumper is the last thing to Leave you” appears to be true, and Dirk is the prime example.
You can catch Dirk and the Mavericks try to end their losing streak tonight at 6:00 CST. FSSW will have the broadcast and the stream for you via the Fox Sports Mobile app.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Predicting the 2021 Texas Rangers Roster Configuration: Outfield and DH
- Late game miscues stand out as Mavericks fall to the Bucks in Milwaukee
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 19: The holidays are not over w/ Wes Benjamin
- As Kristaps Porzingis returns, the Mavericks are poised to take the league by storm
- A couple takeaways from The Mavericks 104-93 win over the Hornets
- What to watch for as short-handed Mavericks face the Hornets
- Mark Cuban is open to hosting vaccinated healthcare workers for free at Mavs games later this season
- Predicting the 2021 Texas Rangers Roster Configuration: Infield and Catcher
- Five plays that defined the Dallas Cowboys 2020 season
- The return of Porzingis? Unanswered COVID questions? Mavs/Pelicans bring a ton to the table on Monday