Name: Ross Lindsey
Location: Euless, Texas
How long have you been a fan? Went to my first game when I was 5 in 1989, and became a true die hard in the year of 1995.
What made you a fan? Loved the potential of the three J’s, the classic uniforms, hearing Jim Durham and Bob Ortegal calling every game, and the fact that no matter how bad they were, they always gave it their all.
Favorite Maverick player of all time and why? Has to be Dirk. Greatest Maverick ever, and always humble. I LOVED Steve Nash, and was heartbroken when he signed with Phoenix. Back when I played I had the same herky jerky style Steve did. Had he stayed it may have been him.
Favorite Mavs moment and why? The final moments of Game 6 of the 2011 finals. My In-Laws took us to Grand Cayman for vacation so I had to be out of the country, but I proudly repped my Mavs gear everywhere I went, and didn’t sit down for a second of the game. Not ashamed in the least bit that I “sports cried”. I wanted to wake up my 15 month old son, Maverick, to take in the glory with me, but my wife did not feel as if it was a good idea.
What you looking forward to the most this season? A healthy Dirk. No matter what type of supporting cast you put around Dirk, as long as he is healthy he can single handedly will the Mavs to a win.
What is your definition of a MFFL? A fan that gets up for the team no matter the circumstances. The Mavs organization and fans are a family, and you love and support your family no matter the circumstances. You also have to hate the Spurs.
Why was Ross chosen for our 1st Edition of Mavs Fanatic Fridays? Below, you will see an image of his son, whom he promptly named Maverick. Pretty tough to beat that.
If you think you should be chosen for our next edition of MFF, please tweet us and tell us why you should be chosen! Tweet to @TheMavsFanatic
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Photos: Stars vs Predators – Jan. 25th, 2021
- Mavericks still searching for any bit of consistency as they host the Nuggets
- Stars Win Second in a Row Against the Predators
- Problems arise in Mavericks worst loss of the season to the Rockets
- Mavericks look to extend winning streak against the Rockets
- Luka and the Mavs make it happen when it counts in win over the Spurs
- How will the Rangers handle attendance in 2021 with Spring Training and the season approaching?
- Mavericks’ rookie Josh Green embraces the ‘dirty work’
- Three things to watch for as the Mavericks travel to San Antonio
- Reactions after Mavs snap three-game losing streak against Pacers