MavsFanatic Pod Ep 67: Jason Terry talks 2011 championship, NBA Draft, and life after Dallas Mavericks!
Mavs fans attended the free event hosted at Hub Streat in Plano and were as supportive as ever of the Mavericks fan-favorite.
Terry reflected on his time as a Maverick and shared stories that fans had never heard before, including one story that details Dirk Nowitzki leaving a hole in the Mavericks locker room that is still there today.
@swish41 is the greatest teammate I ever had. He elevated everybody else’s game around him. He will go down as the greatest Maverick that will ever play. He should be the only person to have a statue outside the AAC with the one-legged fade.”
At one point, Terry touched on the new league trend of “super teams” and said he had no doubt when asked if he thought the 2011 Mavericks Championship team could beat the current Golden State Warriors.
“It will never be even. All the great teams have two or three superstars. Those teams were put together because they had a core group of guys. When you look at a franchise that’s the model for success.”
Recognizing that the Mavs are in a rebuilding stage, Terry breaks down his opinion on which NBA Draftee could help the Mavericks this season and discusses some names you may be familiar with heading into the draft.
“DeAndre Ayton is the best prospect in the draft. Reminds me a lot of Joel Embiid. Multifaceted big. Also Mo Bamba who reminds me of Clint Capela, who is my candidate for Most Improved Player.”
If you’ve been wondering if Jason Terry will return to retire with the Dallas Mavericks, The Jet says he hopes to have “one more flight” at American Airlines Center, but you can bet he will not be retiring before Dirk.
“I want to keep playing, and my family who is my support group is behind me. I’m a basketball lifer. We will see what the future holds but right now I’m still hooping.”
Terry takes us back to the good times and the not-so-good times with the Dallas Mavericks during our Mavs Fanatic podcast.
“I love this city. I feel like I’m still a Maverick.”
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 20: Hip Hip Hooray with Jose Trevino
- Photos: Stars vs Predators – Jan. 25th, 2021
- Mavericks still searching for any bit of consistency as they host the Nuggets
- Stars Win Second in a Row Against the Predators
- Problems arise in Mavericks worst loss of the season to the Rockets
- Mavericks look to extend winning streak against the Rockets
- Luka and the Mavs make it happen when it counts in win over the Spurs
- How will the Rangers handle attendance in 2021 with Spring Training and the season approaching?
- Mavericks’ rookie Josh Green embraces the ‘dirty work’
- Three things to watch for as the Mavericks travel to San Antonio