Playing on the first night of a home back-to-back the Dallas Mavericks (2-13) will lace things up against the Minnesota Timberwolves (9-5) on Friday night at the American Airlines Center. In the first meeting between the two clubs on November 4, T-Wolves Karl-Anthony Towns and Andrew Wiggins were too much for the Mavs, beating Dallas 112-99 and extending the Mavs to a then-six game losing streak.
Andrew Wiggins finished with 23 points, 3 rebounds, and 3 assists in 35 minutes, while Towns dominated Dallas to the tune of 32 points, 12 rebounds, and 2 assists in 32 minutes while shooting 11-18 from the field.
Tonight, the Mavs will look to snap a three-game losing skid against the Western Conference third-seeded T-Wolves who are off to their best start in franchise history since 2001-02. Minnesota has won seven of its last nine games.
“I mean, it’s tough. If you concentrate too much (on Towns and Wiggins), Jimmy Butler is a heck of a player, so they’ve got tons of players that can hurt you,” Nowitzki to Earl K. Sneed of Mavs.com. “We’re going to try to make it hard. They’re going to score some, ‘cause they’re incredible, but you’ve got to try to limit the easy ones.
The Timberwolves have won three of the last four regular-season meetings between the two teams with the home team winning each of the last four.
The Mavs will look to ride the hot hand of forward Harrison Barnes who is averaging 21.8 points, 9.2 rebounds, 1.4 assists on 52 percent shooting including 47 percent from three in his last five games.
On November 4, Barnes had 17 points, 4 rebounds, and 2 assists while rookie point guard Dennis Smith Jr. had 18 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 4 turnovers, leading the team in scoring.
Tonight’s game tips off at 7:30 p.m. CST and can be seen locally on Fox Sports Southwest.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- In the season of giving thanks, let’s all follow the example of Rangers’ Jose Trevino
- Surveying the Mavericks place in the Western Conference pecking order after free agency
- Ranking the Mavericks recent City Edition jerseys with the 2020-2021 version now official
- Thoughts on the Mavericks roster after the first weekend of NBA Free Agency
- Game Recap: Cowboys earn third win behind fourth-quarter play
- Mavs bring back Cauley-Stein on two-year deal
- Mavericks agree to terms with Wes Iwundu
- Mavericks trade Delon Wright and Justin Jackson in a deal focused on keeping options open in the future
- Is it Fair to Call Joey Gallo’s 2020 Season a Regression?
- Re-signing of Trey Burke brings back Mavericks bubble spark plug