At the 4th Annual Mavs Ball: A Blue Tie Affair presented by Smith Thompson Home Security on Friday, March 1st at American Airlines Center and the Dallas Mavericks raised over $1.3 million dollars for the Mavs Foundation and the women, children and family it serves. Check out scenes from the Blue Carpet, presented by KPMG, as the entire 2018-2019 Dallas Mavericks team, Owner Mark Cuban, Head Coach Rick Carlisle, GM Donnie Nelson and CEO Cynt Marshall enter the event.
The Mavs Ball is the premier fundraiser for the Mavs Foundation, the non-profit arm of the Dallas Mavericks, dedicated to serving women, children and families in need across North Texas. This year’s event will celebrate the 2018-2019 Mavs Foundation Grant Recipients: CitySquare, Community Partners of Dallas, Dallas 24 Hour Club, Essilor Vision Foundation, Hope Supply Co., Hunger Busters, Jonathan’s Place, Leukemia Texas, Mission Possible Kids, POETIC, Voice of Hope and YMCA Waxahachie.
About the Mavs Foundation: Over the past 22 years, the Mavs Foundation has granted over $5 million dollars to nonprofit organizations serving women, children and families in need. The Mavs Foundation has built 40 safe Learn & Play spaces throughout the North Texas community, including 24 basketball courts and 16 Reading & Learning Centers. These spaces are designed to expand learning opportunities for reading and education programs, as well as provide Computer Labs and access to technology to assist teens and adults with job-skill training and other valuable tools. Learn more at MavsFoundation.com.
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Rangers’ Good Guy Shin-Soo Choo provides an act of generosity to Rangers’ minor leaguers
- DSF Roundup: Writers make their argument for prime Romo or Aikman
- Corey: My five favorite Dallas Cowboys
- ‘I have no idea’: Mark Cuban backtracks optimism toward the return of the NBA
- Mailbag: High expectations for safety Clinton-Dix?
- Sports Book Recommendations to Get You Through Quarantine (Part Two)
- A Look Back: Inaugural Opening Day at The Ballpark in Arlington
- Rangers players/coaches showing their fun side during this dark time
- Most and least valuable 2020 Texas Rangers contracts
- The wait to see a finished Globe Life Field stings even more on the scheduled day of the home opener