Mavs Retire Derek Harper’s No. 12 Jersey
DALLAS MAVERICKS OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
DALLAS — The Mavericks announced tonight they plan to retire Derek Harper’s #12 jersey on January 7, 2018 vs. the New York Knicks. He joins Brad Davis (#10) and Rolando Blackman (#22) as the only Mavericks to have their jerseys hung in the rafters.
“Like every Mavs fan around the world, we are proud of Derek and everything he has done and continues to do for Mavs fans,” said Owner Mark Cuban. “His contributions can’t be overestimated. We are excited that he will join Ro and Brad in the rafters as we retire number 12 forever.”
Harper played a total of 12 seasons (1983-94, 96-97) with Dallas in his 16 year NBA career. In 872 total games with the Mavs, he started 620 times and averaged 14.4 points, 5.7 assists while .468 shooting (4,899-10,454 FGs) from the field.
Among Mavs franchise leaders, he ranks fourth in points (12,597), first in assists (5,111), fourth in field goals (4,899), fifth in field goal attempts (10,454), fifth in 3-point field goals (705), fifth in 3-point field goal attempts (2,030), fourth in free throws (2,094), fourth in free throw attempts (2,804), first in steals (1,551), third in games played (872), third in starts (620) and third in minutes (27,985).
The jersey ceremony, sponsored by Budweiser, will occur at halftime of the Knicks game. Owner Mark Cuban, former Mavericks Head Coach Dick Motta (1980-87, 1994-96) and several Mavericks greats will speak on Harper’s behalf.
For tickets, please call 214.747.MAVS or visit mavs.com.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Spieth and many other big names out as the PGA Tour heads to Detroit for the Rocket Mortgage Classic
- FC Dallas in the spotlight due to to nine reported positive COVID-19 tests in Orlando
- A Dak Prescott decision needs to made
- Dustin Johnson wins the Traveler’s Championship on Sunday with weather delays
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep. 1: Notes on the planned 2020 season
- What to expect from the WNBA 2020 season
- News of COVID-19 cases continues tough month of off-field happenings for Rangers
- Several Rangers employees test positive for COVID-19; what does this mean for the potential home opener?
- Mavericks restart schedule announced on Friday night
- Did Chris Woodward get it right by naming Lance Lynn the Rangers Opening Day starter?