The Mavericks and free agent center Boban Marnjanović came to an agreement Monday to keep the big man in Dallas, according to Shams Charania.
The salary figure has yet to be reported, but will likely be around the league minimum.
In 33 appearances last year, Marnjanović averaged 4.7 points and 3.9 rebounds. However, the real reason for Bobi sticking around is his great locker room presence.
It’s not any secret that Boban is one of the most jovial and beloved figures in the league as well as being close to superstar Luka Doncic. As the Mavericks found out last year, that part is important too.
The signing triggers Marjanovic’s bird right going into next Summer.
- Victory Avenue Podcast, Ep. 28: The Ticket’s Jake Kemp joins for a Season Preview Roundtable!
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: 2021 Season Starts With High Expectations
- Media Roundup: Where are the Cowboys ranked nationally?
- Rank ‘Em: Deciding which of Dallas’ five games were the most impressive
- Yet another statement: Cowboys roll another divisional opponent
- Sidekicks coach Pablo Da Silva speaks to DSF about the upcoming season
- DSF Roundup: Writers share final thoughts on Dallas’ divisional game
- Which areas of the roster should the Rangers focus more on this offseason?
- DSF Mailbag: Who’s been more vital to this defense’s success? Diggs or Parsons?
- Rank ‘Em: Who has been the five best free agent additions for Dallas?