Mavericks guard Josh Richardson is being traded to the Boston Celtics, according to Shams Charania of the The Athletic.
The Mavericks won’t be taking anything back in the deal, clearing an additional $11 million in cap space for free agency. Boston will absorb Richardson’s salary into the trade exception created in the Gordon Hayward deal.
The 2021 season was certainly a tumultuous one for Richardson. His production and efficiency both took dips, to the point he fell out of the playoff rotation. A thought that was difficult to fathom when he was traded for Seth Curry on draft night a year ago.
While Dallas will certainly use the extra cap flexibility, J-Rich will look to bounce back with a change of scenery.
- Six Underrated Heroes as the Texas Rangers Celebrate First World Series Title
- How do the Texas Rangers and Arizona Diamondbacks Match Up in the 2023 Fall Classic?
- Texas Rangers bound for World Series vs Diamondbacks in a euphoric state
- Previewing a Texas-Sized ALCS Between Rangers and Astros
- Despite a shaky finish, the Rangers still have the same focus on postseason success as they go to Tampa for the Wild Card series