Mavericks guard Josh Richardson is being traded to the Boston Celtics, according to Shams Charania of the The Athletic.
The Mavericks won’t be taking anything back in the deal, clearing an additional $11 million in cap space for free agency. Boston will absorb Richardson’s salary into the trade exception created in the Gordon Hayward deal.
The 2021 season was certainly a tumultuous one for Richardson. His production and efficiency both took dips, to the point he fell out of the playoff rotation. A thought that was difficult to fathom when he was traded for Seth Curry on draft night a year ago.
While Dallas will certainly use the extra cap flexibility, J-Rich will look to bounce back with a change of scenery.
- Rangers make another free agency statement with major signing of Jacob deGrom
- Stars Notebook: Hintz signs 8-year extension; Robertson, Benn enjoying fast starts
- The Rangers take a first step this offseason with staff additions, what’s next?
- An early look at what the Texas Rangers need to address in the offseason
- Texas Legends Media Day: Chemistry and connection that is our theme