Sam Ehlinger tied a career high with four touchdown passes and the defense pitched a shutout through three quarters to give No. 10/10 Texas (1-0, 0-0) a 45-14 win over Louisiana Tech (0-1, 0-0) on Saturday night at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. The Longhorns jumped out to a 24-0 lead at halftime were up 38-0 through three quarters.
- Sam Ehlinger started the game 15-of-18 with three touchdowns, as the Longhorns scored on three of their first four drives.
- On Louisiana Tech’s first possession of the second quarter, Jacoby Jones forced a fumble and Brandon Jones recovered it to set up the Longhorns’ third touchdown of the game.
- A Joseph Ossai interception in the second quarter setup a Cameron Dicker 43-yard field goal to make the Texas lead 24-0 before halftime.
- To start the second half, the Longhorns defense got a stop on fourth down to set up another touchdown drive. Ehlinger connected with Brennan Eagles for the wide receivers second score of the game.
- Keaontay Ingram scored from one yard out to give Texas a 38-0 lead in the third quarter. Ingram finished with 78 yards rushing on 11 carries and 121 total all-purpose yards.
- Casey Thompson put the finishing touches on the game with a one yard touchdown run in his first career game action.
- Texas totaled 454 yards of offense and rushed for 164 total yards.
Texas will remain at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium for their matchup next Saturday when they host No. 6/6 LSU. The game between the Longhorns and Tigers will kickoff at 6:30 p.m. and be televised on ABC.
- Six Underrated Heroes as the Texas Rangers Celebrate First World Series Title
- How do the Texas Rangers and Arizona Diamondbacks Match Up in the 2023 Fall Classic?
- Texas Rangers bound for World Series vs Diamondbacks in a euphoric state
- Previewing a Texas-Sized ALCS Between Rangers and Astros
- Despite a shaky finish, the Rangers still have the same focus on postseason success as they go to Tampa for the Wild Card series