Sam Ehlinger tied a career high with four touchdown passes and the defense pitched a shutout through three quarters to give No. 10/10 Texas (1-0, 0-0) a 45-14 win over Louisiana Tech (0-1, 0-0) on Saturday night at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. The Longhorns jumped out to a 24-0 lead at halftime were up 38-0 through three quarters.
- Sam Ehlinger started the game 15-of-18 with three touchdowns, as the Longhorns scored on three of their first four drives.
- On Louisiana Tech’s first possession of the second quarter, Jacoby Jones forced a fumble and Brandon Jones recovered it to set up the Longhorns’ third touchdown of the game.
- A Joseph Ossai interception in the second quarter setup a Cameron Dicker 43-yard field goal to make the Texas lead 24-0 before halftime.
- To start the second half, the Longhorns defense got a stop on fourth down to set up another touchdown drive. Ehlinger connected with Brennan Eagles for the wide receivers second score of the game.
- Keaontay Ingram scored from one yard out to give Texas a 38-0 lead in the third quarter. Ingram finished with 78 yards rushing on 11 carries and 121 total all-purpose yards.
- Casey Thompson put the finishing touches on the game with a one yard touchdown run in his first career game action.
- Texas totaled 454 yards of offense and rushed for 164 total yards.
Texas will remain at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium for their matchup next Saturday when they host No. 6/6 LSU. The game between the Longhorns and Tigers will kickoff at 6:30 p.m. and be televised on ABC.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- ‘Focus on today’: Don Kalkstein on mental health in the NBA & maneuvering through the COVID-19 pandemic
- With plenty of floating ideas, which is the best one to bring back the NBA?
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: More on the NHL’s plan to return to play
- Making sense of the “Return to Play” plan and how it affects the Stars
- Rangers broadcaster CJ Nitkowski discusses the possible routes to a 2020 season
- 2012 Rangers Bonus: How Texas fares in baseball simulation vs. Actual results
- Esports Trade Association President John Davidson talks connecting with the female audience and possible growth opportunities
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Colby Lewis dominates in Seattle, but offense doesn’t break through until the 12th
- Should’ve been, could’ve been: The story of the 2012 Texas Rangers, Part Three
- How many quarterbacks are better than Dak Prescott?