On the second-game of their final three-game road trip of the season, the Mavericks found themselves in Detroit to face off against Andre Drummond and the Pistons.
In a back-and-forth battle throughout the game, the Pistons had a little more gas in the tank come overtime tonight as they won 113-106.
Though coming in a loss, the Mavs surely had a bright spot: Johnathan Motley. Finally playing significant minutes for the first time this season, Motley put up 26 points and 12 rebounds in his second consecutive game eclipsing 40 minutes played.
With DSJ and Barnes back in the lineup, the offense looked a lot more in sync to start the game. Throughout the game, both teams took turns making shots. HB and Motley got the scoring going early for Dallas and Motley took full control in the second half.
Along with help from Finney-Smith and Dwight Powell, Motley and the Mavs pushed the Pistons to the brink but Detroit answered. Clutch buckets down the stretch in regulation and overtime by Andre Drummond and Reggie Jackson put the Pistons over the top.
Both teams hit by injuries, Dallas was without Dirk Nowitzki and J.J. Barea, who were shut down for the season with injuries. Dirk, who is expected back next season so don’t panic Mavs fans, under went left ankle surgery yesterday morning. Following the first half against the Magic on Wednesday, the Mavericks shut down Barea with a left oblique strain.
Detroit, who was predicted to be a playoff team after acquiring Blake Griffin from the Clippers, never found their rhythm to clinch a playoff spot. Griffin has missed the last five games with a bone bruise in his left ankle.
With two games left in the 2017-2018 season, the Mavericks will head to Philadelphia to face the streaking 76ers before making their way home for the final game of the season against the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Dallas Cowboys Stock Report: Week 2
- Keeping It Semi-Casual: Looking back on the classic Cowboys-Seahawks game back in October 2014
- How does Dallas’ defense stack up against the rest of the league?
- Dallas Cowboys way-too-early 2021 draft preview: First round defensive tackles
- DSF Mailbag: Confidence in the offense after Sunday’s performance?
- Takeaways From Game Two, as Lightning Even the Series
- Around the NFC East: Cowboys win on Sunday creates big opportunity in upcoming weeks
- TweetCap: Fans react to the Cowboys comeback win over Atlanta
- Join Rangers Kyle Gibson and Big League Impact and Play Topgolf for Charity
- DSF Q&A: Five questions for Dallas after 40-39 win over Atlanta