We can all rejoice now that football season has finally started. Ok it’s only the pre-season, but I’ll take it. The Dallas Cowboys‘ performance agains the Arizona Cardinals showed some stand out players. Here are my top five players of the night.
- Rico Gathers – Overlooking an off-sides penalty, Rico had a strong game. At 6’6 and 290 pounds, the former Baylor basketball player and leader in rebounds, utilized his size and athleticism to catch a TD from Kellen Moore. He will most definitely be a match-up nightmare for opposing secondaries.
- Rod Smith – The brother of Jaylon Smith had a strong performance last night. He showed how he can push the pile in between tackles, and has enough speed to bounce it outside and throw a stiff arm to boot! Also contributing to his value is his ability to play special teams.
- Brice Butler – Butler’s route running looked polished seemed to be in mid-season form. At 6’3, 220lbs, Butler showed off his speed last night. One of the highlights of the game was a spectacular diving catch as well as a 46 yard reception. After last night’s game, the Cowboys might be second guessing their decision to re-sign Terrance Williams.
- Alfred Morris – Morris had 42 yards on 7 carries and showed great vision and natural running skills on an impressive 25 years run. Unfortunately due to his lack of contribution on special teams, he could be the odd-man out when it comes to the 52 man roster.
- La’el Collins – The former LSU tiger looked good in his transition to right tackle. With no sacks allowed, his power was evident in both running and passing plays. He had his fair share of plays against the highly touted Robert Nkemdiche and held his own.
Despite the fact that these players were going up against the second and third string players, their talent and potential is undeniable. I’m excited to see what else is in store for the next game against the Rams.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
/ 11 months ago
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- ‘Luka Magic’ drafted to Team LeBron for 2021 NBA All-Star Game
- Mavericks head into All-Star break with a win over the Thunder
- Photos: Mavs vs Thunder (March 3, 2021)
- Is the Trevor Story dream realistic for the Rangers?
- Is it flight or fall for Ronald Guzmán and the Rangers?
- What to watch for as the Dallas Mavericks face the Oklahoma City Thunder
- Luka to participate in the NBA Skills Challenge
- Dak Prescott wants Patrick Mahomes money?
- A couple of takeaways as the Mavericks escape the Magic in Orlando
- Stars Weekly: Stars limp into March after losing eight of last nine