I think it’s safe to say that the Mavs have had a tough go so far this season. Sitting at 1-8, Dallas has the worst record in the NBA. Yes, the Mavs are the worst team in the entire league. Now for all my optimistic Mavs fans out there, you’re right, it’s still early in the season but the schedule won’t get any easier as the Pelicans come into town tonight.
With a 3-5 record, New Orleans isn’t too happy about where they’re sitting in the standings either. Their Twin Towers, Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins are sure to come into the American Airlines Center and wreak havoc on the Mavs. Combined, Davis and Cousins are averaging a dominant 57.1 points and 25.1 rebounds per game, so expect a loaded stat sheet from these two tonight.
Who will be defending Davis and Cousins? By the looks of Carlisle’s rotation patterns, it’s almost impossible to predict. One would think Nerlens Noel would play more minutes against his fellow Kentucky Wildcats, but Carlisle may think otherwise. Though Noel has played well in what minutes he’s played, he can’t seem to stay out of foul trouble as of late. I’d expect to see Dwight Powell play more minutes tonight for the simple fact that he gives 110% effort every time he steps on the floor. With Powell’s athleticism, he’ll be able to step out and guard Davis and Cousins on the perimeter; or at least attempt to.
Luckily for Dallas, every Pelican guard and wing have a defensive rating of 108 or higher, making way for Dennis Smith Jr, Harrison Barnes, and company to possibly leave their mark on the offensive end.
Tip-off is at 7:30pm at the AAC.
Let’s hope Cuban invested in a time machine on Shark Tank because we might need 26-year old Dirk to compete with Davis and Cousins tonight.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Predicting the 2021 Texas Rangers Roster Configuration: Outfield and DH
- Late game miscues stand out as Mavericks fall to the Bucks in Milwaukee
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 19: The holidays are not over w/ Wes Benjamin
- As Kristaps Porzingis returns, the Mavericks are poised to take the league by storm
- A couple takeaways from The Mavericks 104-93 win over the Hornets
- What to watch for as short-handed Mavericks face the Hornets
- Mark Cuban is open to hosting vaccinated healthcare workers for free at Mavs games later this season
- Predicting the 2021 Texas Rangers Roster Configuration: Infield and Catcher
- Five plays that defined the Dallas Cowboys 2020 season
- The return of Porzingis? Unanswered COVID questions? Mavs/Pelicans bring a ton to the table on Monday