For many of us, there has been some type of shelter-in-place order, self-quarantine, or isolation put in place in our lives. Some are binge-watching Netflix, I am guilty of that, or eating too many snacks to cope. While everyone copes in different ways, it is important to still stay active. Many fitness experts and companies are making workouts available for free online.
Nike recently announced “programming from NTC Premium, a subscription-based service available in the U.S. that includes studio-style streaming workouts, progressive training programs (including bodyweight-only) and expert tips from our elite Nike Master Trainers, is now accessible at no charge. To support all athletes wherever they are, Nike provides multiple formats of workout classes, coaching, motivation, nutrition guidance and training tips via our digital ecosystem — the Nike App, the Nike Running Club app (NRC), the Nike Training Club app (NTC), our social channels, nike.com and our award winning podcast, TRAINED.”
There are over 180 different workouts now available at no charge for you to enjoy. These workouts range from 15 to 60 minutes and can be great for any fitness level. As per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, exercise keeps you healthy and has many health benefits which include:
- Controlling your weight
- Reducing your risk of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and some cancers
- Strengthening your bones and muscles
- Improving your mental health and mood
- Improving your ability to do daily activities and preventing falls, if you’re an older adult
- Increasing your chances of living longer
Staying in your routine is one way to keep sane during these crazy times. If you are a fitness guru then keep working out, but do it wisely and within your city’s orders. If you don’t workout because you have a crazy commute or a busy schedule, then perhaps now you have the time to do some fitness. Whatever you decide to do, remember to be smart and stay positive. This too shall pass.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- International return dates for Mavs stars are among the new details emerging in NBA’s plan to return
- As MLB owners and players clash over money, Rangers baseball in 2020 is looking iffier than ever
- NBA ready to ratify plan for a return in Orlando; How does it shake out for the Mavs?
- Prescott makes impactful statement on George Floyd, donates $1M to cause
- Dirk Nowitzki & the Mavericks backing up their words with action in the community
- PHOTOS: Protests around DFW
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Vicente Padilla’s gem and Michael Young Clutch double lifts Rangers over Royals.
- PHOTOS: Protesters gather in Dallas
- Mavericks’ Justin Jackson, “it’s very important to people to stand up for what’s right.”
- Players across the WNBA express solidarity after nationwide protests