For Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory, the hard part is over after having met with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to make his case for reinstatement.
As reported by Yahoo’s Charles Robinson, Gregory’s team presented eight-months’ worth of material that highlights Gregory’s efforts to earn his way back into the league after repeatedly violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy. The presentation included letters from counselors and teammates, a detailed record of daily drug tests and an action plan that would keep Gregory on track in the future.
In NYC tonight and tomorrow to meet with NFL officials regarding his reinstatement. Part of the process… but an important part. https://t.co/qyEjvPySV9
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) June 12, 2018
Gregory has not played football since being suspended in 2016. The league has 60 days to come to a conclusion on his reinstatement, but Gregory is expected to begin training with former Oakland Raiders defensive end Greg Townsend.
Townsend may be someone who Gregory can identify with in the fact they share similar experiences with substance abuse in the NFL. Townsend went through his own battle with drugs in the 1990s and decided to turn his life around for the better after being suspended from the league.
Having Townsend in his support system looks great for Gregory’s case. Ultimately, being surrounded by an influential person both on and off the field will be good for Gregory in the long run.
Now, all the Dallas Cowboys can do is wait. The decision lies solely in the league’s hands, which may be a grim concept for Cowboys fans (Ezekiel Elliot 2017,) but Gregory’s team has made tremendous efforts to get him back on the field in 2018.
Training camp begins July 24 and Gregory is hopeful to hear a decision by then. As a person and a player, we’re all pulling for Randy Gregory.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Two key areas of inconsistency show as Mavs squander late lead over Nuggets
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 20: Hip Hip Hooray with Jose Trevino
- Photos: Stars vs Predators – Jan. 25th, 2021
- Mavericks still searching for any bit of consistency as they host the Nuggets
- Stars Win Second in a Row Against the Predators
- Problems arise in Mavericks worst loss of the season to the Rockets
- Mavericks look to extend winning streak against the Rockets
- Luka and the Mavs make it happen when it counts in win over the Spurs
- How will the Rangers handle attendance in 2021 with Spring Training and the season approaching?
- Mavericks’ rookie Josh Green embraces the ‘dirty work’