Michael Willis/ InTheMomentPics
DALLAS, TX–The Mavs finished the second of a home-and-home matchup with the Denver Nuggets, defending the AAC 97-89. Rick Carlisle had his work cut out for him and made some good adjustments after losing at Denver on Wednesday night.
Dirk Nowitzki showed that “he is still Dirk Nowitzki”, finishing the night with a near double-double: 25 points and 9 rebounds. Dirk’s long-range game was on point, hitting five three-point shots. Dirk a little help from his teammates Chandler Parsons. Parsons’ 54% shooting from the field gave him 18 points, including a nice posterizing dunk on Denver’s JJ Hickson.
Despite his mild Achilles problem, Rajon Rondo made his presence felt on Friday night. Rondo recorded just 2 points, but with 9 rebounds and 8 assists. He definitely showed some aggressiveness on the defensive ball as well. Ty Lawson who averaged 21.1 points off a 57 FG% the last 5 games, was held to 11 points and 23% shooting from the field.
Next Up: Monday, January 19 at 4:00pm CT at the Memphis Grizzlies (FedEx Forum) on Fox Sports Southwest.
(Photo Credit: InTheMomentPics; Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports)
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- What are the major talking points around the Texas Rangers in 2021?
- After a wild first half, where exactly do the Mavericks stand at the All-Star break?
- 365 days after getting hit in the face, Willie Calhoun is back to having fun for the Rangers
- Plenty of Rangers players having to be flexible as they look to make the roster
- ‘Luka Magic’ drafted to Team LeBron for 2021 NBA All-Star Game
- Mavericks head into All-Star break with a win over the Thunder
- Photos: Mavs vs Thunder (March 3, 2021)
- Is the Trevor Story dream realistic for the Rangers?
- Is it flight or fall for Ronald Guzmán and the Rangers?
- What to watch for as the Dallas Mavericks face the Oklahoma City Thunder