Michael Willis/ InTheMomentPics
DALLAS, TX–The Mavs finished the second of a home-and-home matchup with the Denver Nuggets, defending the AAC 97-89. Rick Carlisle had his work cut out for him and made some good adjustments after losing at Denver on Wednesday night.
Dirk Nowitzki showed that “he is still Dirk Nowitzki”, finishing the night with a near double-double: 25 points and 9 rebounds. Dirk’s long-range game was on point, hitting five three-point shots. Dirk a little help from his teammates Chandler Parsons. Parsons’ 54% shooting from the field gave him 18 points, including a nice posterizing dunk on Denver’s JJ Hickson.
Despite his mild Achilles problem, Rajon Rondo made his presence felt on Friday night. Rondo recorded just 2 points, but with 9 rebounds and 8 assists. He definitely showed some aggressiveness on the defensive ball as well. Ty Lawson who averaged 21.1 points off a 57 FG% the last 5 games, was held to 11 points and 23% shooting from the field.
Next Up: Monday, January 19 at 4:00pm CT at the Memphis Grizzlies (FedEx Forum) on Fox Sports Southwest.
(Photo Credit: InTheMomentPics; Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports)
- Projecting the 2023 Texas Rangers Opening Day Roster
- As Jim Montgomery makes first return to Dallas, Stars reminded what could’ve been
- Jung and Hungry: How Josh Jung is ready for the 2023 Rangers Season
- Stars at the All-Star Break: Where Does Dallas Stand as Deboer, Robertson head to Florida?
- How Rangers Players like Corey Seager, Mitch Garver, and Brock Burke will adjust to Rule Changes
You must be logged in to post a comment Login
You must log in to post a comment.