The Dallas Cowboys came into the draft weekend with a few different needs. Heading into day two, they may have added another one with Jason Witten potentially retiring to take over Monday Night Football duties. Owner Jerry Jones has said that Witten will take the weekend to spend with his family to make a final decision.
The Cowboys have addressed their need at linebacker and offensive line by selecting Leighton Vander Esch in the first round and Connor Williams in the second round. In third round, the Cowboys got their receiver Michael Gallup.
Cowboys Biggest Needs Heading Into Day Three
Safety – The Cowboys decided not to trade up for Derwin James after Derwin fell to pick 17 even though he was higher on the Cowboys board than Vander Esch, according to Mike Fisher from 1053 the fan. They also did not get a trade done for Earl Thomas.
Tight end – The current tight ends on the roster have a combined nine NFL receptions. Of course, with Witten in front of them they barely touched the field but that is definitely a need heading into day three.
Defensive tackle – The Cowboys were reportedly in love with Vita Vea if he fell to them in the first round and with the questions around David Irving defensive tackle is a need.
Best Players Available Heading into Day Three
Mo Hurst, defensive tackle – Michigan
Ian Thomas, tight end – Indiana
Josh Sweat, defensive end – Florida State
Jalyn Holmes, defensive end – Ohio State
Shaquem Griffin, linebacker – UCF
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Three things to watch for as the Mavericks travel to San Antonio
- Reactions after Mavs snap three-game losing streak against Pacers
- Mavericks visit the Pacers as both teams fight through major injuries
- Three takeaways as the depleted Mavericks lose their third straight to Toronto
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars enter 2021 season with question marks after delayed start
- What to watch for as the Mavericks look to bounce back against Toronto
- A couple of takeaways from the Mavericks 117-101 loss to the Bulls.
- Photos: Mavs vs Bulls (January 17, 2021)
- Will the Mavs overcome late-game woes against the skidding Chicago Bulls?
- Predicting the 2021 Texas Rangers Roster Configuration: Outfield and DH