Dallas Mavericks head coach Rick Carlisle is out for tonight’s game against the New York Knicks due to a positive COVID test which occurred this morning.
Carlisle, who told the media during his usual pregame Zoom interview that he was fully vaccinated in January, hopes the test was a false-positive. Yet due to caution, Carlisle will remain quarantined in his hotel room until further results are given.
Carlisle says that this morning "I had an unexpected positive test. There's a chance and a hope that it will be a false-positive." Carlisle says he has been fully vaccinated since January. He is still in the Mavs hotel in NY. If new test results come back negative he could coach.
— Brad Townsend (@townbrad) April 2, 2021
Carlisle told the media that he feels fine and even worked out this morning.
Assistant coach Jamahl Mosley will fill in as the interim head coach for Carlisle tonight against the Knicks, who as Carlisle has stated in the past when he interviewed for head coaching vacancies, believes Mosley is ready for a head coaching gig of his own.
“This is a great opportunity for Mosley. He’s obviously, in my opinion, ready for this kind of opportunity. I think this is something he’ll thrive in,” Carlisle said.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- The Rangers struggles on Friday were not the result of complacency following their series win in Tampa Bay
- Up and down April continues for the Mavericks with loss to the Knicks
- NFL Draft: What happened the last time Surtain, Diggs were a tandem?
- Season Outlook: 5 realistic steps Dallas can take to improve on defense
- What to watch for as the Mavericks take on the Knicks
- Luka Magic downs Memphis at the buzzer as the Mavs snap a two-game losing streak
- Why the Rangers offense isn’t as bad as you think
- Mock Draft Roundup 3.0: Analysts agree Surtain should be the top choice for Dallas
- What to watch for as the Mavericks take on the Grizzlies
- NFL Draft: 5 questions Dallas’ first-round pick could answer about this team