Rookie Azurá Stevens was the star of the night with a career-high 26 points, six rebounds. Stevens clocked in 32 minutes of play time, a lead that is usually claimed by Skylar Diggins-Smith who averages 35 minutes.
The performance Stevens put on truly speaks for itself. Being a force both inside and outside takes a great deal of momentum, but Stevens looked like a veteran out on the court tonight and her teammates are all living for it.
“She was really energetic getting to the rim. She’s really blossoming for us,” said coach Fred Williams. “Everybody is starting to get in rhythm with each other.”
Center Liz Cambage ended the night with 17 points, nine rebounds, but was a bigger factor for the Wings than what a stat sheet will show. There were multiple times throughout the game where Cambage broke up plays or forced passes in the paint where she dominated.
Cambage, who considers Stevens a little sister, has been pushing the rookie to get out of her head and just play the game.
The Wings maintained a cozy lead through the entire game leading by as much as 33. This is also the first Wings game of the season that was not led by Camabage or Diggins-Smith in scoring, and each player except for Leticia Romero scored in tonights matchup.
Up next for the Wings is New York where they will take on the 5-13 Liberty Sunday afternoon.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 3: A Coach’s Perspective
- Three Rangers with major questions surrounding them in the second half of Summer Camp
- Dak, Cowboys unlikely to reach deal before Wednesdays deadline
- Dallas Wings release Wubble season schedule
- After three playoff holes, Colin Morikawa wins at Muirfield Village
- Five Rangers making their presence known after Week One of Summer Camp
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Qualifiers get the green light- how does Dallas matchup in its first three games?
- Best of the Mavericks social media fun after several days in the bubble
- NHL set to return August 1st; Stars skate again on August 3rd
- Tony Romo seeks third straight American Century Championship title in Lake Tahoe