As the Dallas Cowboys trim their roster down to 53, the Cowboys have released quarterbacks Cooper Rush and Will Grier.
Multiple reports have stated that one, or both quarterbacks will be back on the roster before the season opener. Rush does not have to clear waivers. Grier will go through waivers leaving the possibility that he gets claimed by another team.
If Grier does make it through waivers, it is expected that he will start the season on the practice squad and Rush would maintain his role as the backup.
In the preseason, Rush completed 17 of 31 passes for 136 yards and an interception in three games.
Grier completed 18 of 32 passes for 186 yards and two touchdowns in his two games of preseason action.
- Rangers make another free agency statement with major signing of Jacob deGrom
- Stars Notebook: Hintz signs 8-year extension; Robertson, Benn enjoying fast starts
- The Rangers take a first step this offseason with staff additions, what’s next?
- An early look at what the Texas Rangers need to address in the offseason
- Texas Legends Media Day: Chemistry and connection that is our theme