On a night where things seem to be stacked against our Mavs, they managed to pull out their 4th win in 5 games, giving them their best start since the 2007-2008 season. No Dirk. No Marion. No Brand. No Beaubois. No problem.
The “New Look” Mavericks stormed out of the gate, making this look like a runaway early. O.J. Mayo continued his shooting ways, and Darren Collison led the Mavs quick attack over and over, giving the Mavericks a 36-24 lead after the first frame.
“We’ve got guys picking it up while guys are injured,” Kaman said. “We’re on a little bit of a roll and we’re just going to try to keep it going.”
Speaking of Chris Kaman. We can now safely make the assumption that he is the best offensive center the Mavs have ever had. Kaman continued to make the Raptors’ big men look silly, finishing with 22pts,8rebs,and 3 asts. He hit a big hook to put the game out of reach.
“I anticipated playing a little more with Elton out,” said Kaman, who also grabbed eight rebounds. “I didn’t know it would be so much. I’m definitely not in the shape I was in before I got injured.”
Was it smooth sailing all the way through? No. Was it pretty at all times? No. All in all, the Mavericks continue to show that despite any injuries that come their way, their depth will be a key factor in what they do and how far they go this season.
The Mavericks are 4-1. They have been without Dirk for all 5. They win last night’s game without 4 guys. Can you imagine what these guys will do when “The Big German” comes back? Memo to the rest of the NBA: Watch Out For The Mavericks!
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- International return dates for Mavs stars are among the new details emerging in NBA’s plan to return
- As MLB owners and players clash over money, Rangers baseball in 2020 is looking iffier than ever
- NBA ready to ratify plan for a return in Orlando; How does it shake out for the Mavs?
- Prescott makes impactful statement on George Floyd, donates $1M to cause
- Dirk Nowitzki & the Mavericks backing up their words with action in the community
- PHOTOS: Protests around DFW
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Vicente Padilla’s gem and Michael Young Clutch double lifts Rangers over Royals.
- PHOTOS: Protesters gather in Dallas
- Mavericks’ Justin Jackson, “it’s very important to people to stand up for what’s right.”
- Players across the WNBA express solidarity after nationwide protests