It’s the beginning of a new year and yet another Texas Derby is upon us. The Sidekicks face the Mesquite Outlaws on Friday, January 3rd, looking to right the wrongs from the first two times the teams have met this season.
After two losses against the Outlaws, the Sidekicks return to the Mesquite Arena for a second time this season. Last time the Sidekicks faced the Outlaws in Mesquite was in the season opener match where the home team came out on top 7-5. The Outlaws came to the Allen Event Center just last week and proved to be the better side claiming a second win against the Sidekicks in a rousing 7-2 stomping.
Hopefully the third time will be the charm for Dallas. The Sidekicks will go out to Mesquite Arena looking to redeem themselves once more. This Derby match is a must-win game for the Sidekicks if they want to get closer to tying the head-to-head matches. The Outlaws have proven to be high on the counter and playing well defensively, a tactical game that Sidekicks coach Simon Bozas has not been able to crack.
A victory against the Outlaws will be vital in helping the Sidekicks kick-start their journey to get out of the bottom of the Western Conference standings. Luis “Lipe” Andrade and Freddy Moojen have proven to be more consistent players when it comes to scoring goals upfront for Dallas. They will be the players in charge of leading the attack, but a solid defense will also prove to be necessary.
Round three is upon us and both teams will be fighting for Derby glory. The Sidekicks are currently 1-7 while the Outlaws are 2-2 with a game to play before the Texas Derby. The Outlaws will look to extend their winning streak, while the Sidekicks will fight to get back into this first ever season series between the two sides.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Vicente Padilla’s gem and Michael Young Clutch double lifts Rangers over Royals.
- PHOTOS: Protesters gather in Dallas
- Mavericks’ Justin Jackson, “it’s very important to people to stand up for what’s right.”
- Players across the WNBA express solidarity after nationwide protests
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Byrd’s Walk-Off Grand Slam Downs the Yankees
- PGA Tour set to tee it back up in Fort Worth
- ‘Focus on today’: Don Kalkstein on mental health in the NBA & maneuvering through the COVID-19 pandemic
- With plenty of floating ideas, which is the best one to bring back the NBA?
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: More on the NHL’s plan to return to play
- Making sense of the “Return to Play” plan and how it affects the Stars