The Sidekicks, after three games on the road, will be looking to bring fans around the Metroplex the joy of MASL soccer when they host their home opener on Saturday night in Allen.
The Sidekicks return to the Allen Event Center after their last home match in April when they ended their season with a 5-4 loss at home to the RGV Barracudas. This season’s opener will see the Sidekicks face off with the Monterrey Flash.
A rough start for the Sidekicks came very quickly as they encountered three straight losses. Ahead of their home opener against the Monterrey Flash on Saturday, coach Simon Bozas’ men must be ready for this match. A crucial win against the Flash can remove the bad memories of a rocky start to their season.
The Monterrey Flash, whom they’ve already faced this season, will be looking to spoil the Sidekicks home opener. Last time these two met, the Sidekicks took an enormous beating losing 14-1 in Monterrey, Mexico. The home opener should be the perfect way for them to secure a victory against a team that has yet to lose a game this season.
The Sidekicks started the season in the birth of a new rivalry here in DFW when they faced the Mesquite Outlaws in their season opener. Both teams played well but Mesquite ultimately won 7-5.
They went on to Mexico for two games against the Flash and Sonora Soles. When facing the Sonora Soles, the Sidekicks were more sharp in finding the target, but again lost to a strong opponent. Sonora won the game 13-5 giving the Sidekicks their third straight road loss to the season.
The Sidekicks will be very motivated to get things straight on Saturday night. Getting a win against a strong opponent will be a tough challenge for them, but it’s one that they’re ready to face. The Sidekicks’ Dallas native, Cameron Brown has three goals so far this season. His leadership will be key to helping Dallas get back on track.
The Sidekicks currently sit last in the Western Conference and will be looking to dig out of that hole starting with a win in front of their fans in Allen on Saturday night.
- Cowboys: 2020 Mock Draft Watch 1.0
- Mavericks fall to Clippers as Dwight Powell injures Achilles, likely out for the season
- Photos: Mavs vs Clippers (January 21, 2020)
- Mailbag: Biggest draft need for the Cowboys?
- Photos: SMU vs Temple (January 18, 2020)
- Should Dallas entertain a Dez Bryant reunion?
- Five potential trade targets for the Mavericks
- What the latest Nolan Arenado drama with the Rockies means for the Rangers
- Tim Hardaway Jr. continuing to help Mavs thrive in starting lineup role
- Mavericks Weekly Preview (1/20-1/26)