ARLINGTON, Texas – The Dallas Wings tipped off training camp Sunday afternoon and congratulations are in order for new parents Skylar Diggins-Smith and husband Daniel Smith!
Diggins-Smith remained private throughout most of her pregnancy but confirmed she has given birth to a baby boy “a few weeks ago,” via Dorothy Gentry of WNBAinsidr.
— Dorothy J. Gentry (@DorothyJGentry) May 5, 2019
The Wings guard understandably didn’t give a set timeline for her return to the court but is hopeful she will be back in action this summer.
Skylar seems excited and remarkably ready to join her team despite having performed a bodily miracle just weeks ago, similarly to DeWanna Bonner who gave birth to twins and participated in the WNBA All-Star game within the same season.
We’ve always known Diggins-Smith is a power force and her return to this young Wings team will be much anticipated.
- Rangers try to put dreadful week behind them as West Coast road trip continues
- The unfortunate truth facing the Rangers
- Rangers Trade or Keep: Shawn Kelley
- Experiment has ended; Mavericks waive Antetokounmpo
- Rangers Trade or Keep: Hunter Pence
- Rangers Trade or Keep: Mike Minor
- In a difficult roster move, Rangers option Willie Calhoun to Nashville
- Secondary limbo: Jourdan Lewis looks for role in crowded DB room
- Summer League report cards for the Mavs young prospects
- “That’s not right, that’s not fair and it’s un-American.” Nancy Lieberman addresses gender inequality in sports