ARLINGTON, Texas – The Dallas Wings tipped off training camp Sunday afternoon and congratulations are in order for new parents Skylar Diggins-Smith and husband Daniel Smith!
Diggins-Smith remained private throughout most of her pregnancy but confirmed she has given birth to a baby boy “a few weeks ago,” via Dorothy Gentry of WNBAinsidr.
— Dorothy J. Gentry (@DorothyJGentry) May 5, 2019
The Wings guard understandably didn’t give a set timeline for her return to the court but is hopeful she will be back in action this summer.
Skylar seems excited and remarkably ready to join her team despite having performed a bodily miracle just weeks ago, similarly to DeWanna Bonner who gave birth to twins and participated in the WNBA All-Star game within the same season.
We’ve always known Diggins-Smith is a power force and her return to this young Wings team will be much anticipated.
- Rangers land Corey Seager in mega deal that shakes the baseball world
- The Rangers go Sunday shopping with a Marcus Semien signing
- A couple of takeaways from the Mavericks loss to the Wizards
- Hoops Tank, Ep. 15: What exactly is it that is allowing the perplexing Mavericks to keep winning games?
- A couple of takeaways from the Mavericks win over the Clippers