ARLINGTON, Texas – The Dallas Wings tipped off training camp Sunday afternoon and congratulations are in order for new parents Skylar Diggins-Smith and husband Daniel Smith!
Diggins-Smith remained private throughout most of her pregnancy but confirmed she has given birth to a baby boy “a few weeks ago,” via Dorothy Gentry of WNBAinsidr.
— Dorothy J. Gentry (@DorothyJGentry) May 5, 2019
The Wings guard understandably didn’t give a set timeline for her return to the court but is hopeful she will be back in action this summer.
Skylar seems excited and remarkably ready to join her team despite having performed a bodily miracle just weeks ago, similarly to DeWanna Bonner who gave birth to twins and participated in the WNBA All-Star game within the same season.
We’ve always known Diggins-Smith is a power force and her return to this young Wings team will be much anticipated.
- DallasFanatic Pod Ep 96: Dak Prescott is “All about the Benjamins baby!”
- Rangers’ Joey Gallo for AL MVP? It’s not as crazy as you’d think.
- Quad injury comes at a tough time for both Willie Calhoun and the Rangers
- Short-sided booking continues to be problematic for WWE’s women’s division
- Dallas Wings Media Day roundup
- What Dwight Powell declining his player option means for the Mavericks
- FC Dallas Draws with Los Angeles FC
- Brock Lesnar: Beast in the Bank
- Rangers show the “Show Me” state teams how it’s done, then head to the west
- Watching Jaylon Smith’s (Unlikely) Legendary Narrative Unfold