ARLINGTON, Texas – The Dallas Wings tipped off training camp Sunday afternoon and congratulations are in order for new parents Skylar Diggins-Smith and husband Daniel Smith!
Diggins-Smith remained private throughout most of her pregnancy but confirmed she has given birth to a baby boy “a few weeks ago,” via Dorothy Gentry of WNBAinsidr.
— Dorothy J. Gentry (@DorothyJGentry) May 5, 2019
The Wings guard understandably didn’t give a set timeline for her return to the court but is hopeful she will be back in action this summer.
Skylar seems excited and remarkably ready to join her team despite having performed a bodily miracle just weeks ago, similarly to DeWanna Bonner who gave birth to twins and participated in the WNBA All-Star game within the same season.
We’ve always known Diggins-Smith is a power force and her return to this young Wings team will be much anticipated.
- D-Town Sports Bar Pod Ep2: Jason Terry tells pod that Luka will “lead this Mavericks franchise to another championship”
- Top-10: Ranking the top players remaining on Dallas’ schedule
- Historic Doncic triple-double fuels Mavs win over the Spurs
- Photos: Mavs vs Spurs (November 18, 2019)
- Market determines Jones should be league’s highest-paid corner
- Mavericks Weekly Preview (11/18-11/24)
- TweetCap: Twitter reacts to Cowboys 35-27 win over Detroit
- Post-game Reaction: DSF writers share their immediate thoughts on Cowboys’ win
- Photos: Mavs vs Raptors (November 16, 2019)
- Gut Feeling: DSF writers share final thoughts on Cowboys-Lions matchup