With the 201st pick in the NFL draft, the Baltimore Ravens selected wide receiver James Proche out of SMU. The Ravens traded the 225th pick and a 2021 fifth-round to Minnesota for the pick.
Proche was one of 5 WRs in FBS with at least 1,000 receiving yards and 10 TD catches in each of the past 2 seasons.
Proche leaves SMU holding the school record for receiving touchdowns, career receptions, career receiving yards, career all purpose yards (4,996) and consecutive games with a touchdown reception (12).
In his college career, Proche was targeted 457 times and had a total of just 9 drops.
Proche will undoubtedly go to Baltimore to team up with reigning MVP Lamar Jackson with a chip on his shoulder after being drafted way later than anticipated.
I enjoyed watching Proche the last couple of seasons and wish him the best going forward as he transitions to the NFL.
- Six Underrated Heroes as the Texas Rangers Celebrate First World Series Title
- How do the Texas Rangers and Arizona Diamondbacks Match Up in the 2023 Fall Classic?
- Texas Rangers bound for World Series vs Diamondbacks in a euphoric state
- Previewing a Texas-Sized ALCS Between Rangers and Astros
- Despite a shaky finish, the Rangers still have the same focus on postseason success as they go to Tampa for the Wild Card series