With the 201st pick in the NFL draft, the Baltimore Ravens selected wide receiver James Proche out of SMU. The Ravens traded the 225th pick and a 2021 fifth-round to Minnesota for the pick.
Proche was one of 5 WRs in FBS with at least 1,000 receiving yards and 10 TD catches in each of the past 2 seasons.
Proche leaves SMU holding the school record for receiving touchdowns, career receptions, career receiving yards, career all purpose yards (4,996) and consecutive games with a touchdown reception (12).
In his college career, Proche was targeted 457 times and had a total of just 9 drops.
Proche will undoubtedly go to Baltimore to team up with reigning MVP Lamar Jackson with a chip on his shoulder after being drafted way later than anticipated.
I enjoyed watching Proche the last couple of seasons and wish him the best going forward as he transitions to the NFL.
- The Rangers take a first step this offseason with staff additions, what’s next?
- An early look at what the Texas Rangers need to address in the offseason
- Texas Legends Media Day: Chemistry and connection that is our theme
- Despite Weather Obstacles, Rangers Taylor Hearn Made a Memorable Weekend for the Kids
- “Let’s Do This Together” Texas Rangers introduce Bruce Bochy as their new manager