With the 201st pick in the NFL draft, the Baltimore Ravens selected wide receiver James Proche out of SMU. The Ravens traded the 225th pick and a 2021 fifth-round to Minnesota for the pick.
Proche was one of 5 WRs in FBS with at least 1,000 receiving yards and 10 TD catches in each of the past 2 seasons.
Proche leaves SMU holding the school record for receiving touchdowns, career receptions, career receiving yards, career all purpose yards (4,996) and consecutive games with a touchdown reception (12).
In his college career, Proche was targeted 457 times and had a total of just 9 drops.
Proche will undoubtedly go to Baltimore to team up with reigning MVP Lamar Jackson with a chip on his shoulder after being drafted way later than anticipated.
I enjoyed watching Proche the last couple of seasons and wish him the best going forward as he transitions to the NFL.
- In the thick of October, an early Texas Rangers Opening Day roster prediction
- Victory Avenue Podcast, Ep. 28: The Ticket’s Jake Kemp joins for a Season Preview Roundtable!
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: 2021 Season Starts With High Expectations
- Media Roundup: Where are the Cowboys ranked nationally?
- Rank ‘Em: Deciding which of Dallas’ five games were the most impressive
- Yet another statement: Cowboys roll another divisional opponent
- Sidekicks coach Pablo Da Silva speaks to DSF about the upcoming season
- DSF Roundup: Writers share final thoughts on Dallas’ divisional game
- Which areas of the roster should the Rangers focus more on this offseason?
- DSF Mailbag: Who’s been more vital to this defense’s success? Diggs or Parsons?