What once was a brutal rivalry between the Mavericks and Spurs has since become a one sided affair. As the Spurs come into town tonight, the Mavs strive to spark the old Texas rivalry again, who have lost eight of the last nine games against San Antonio.
Sitting at the bottom of the West with a 2-12 record, it looks as if the Mavs have officially entered rebuild mode as Gregg Popovich and the Spurs still sit near the top of the conference fighting to remain contenders with star player Kawhi Leonard yet to play a game this season.
Leading the Spurs in Leonard’s absence is LaMarcus Aldridge, who is looking like his old self from his Portland days, averaging 22 points and nine rebounds per game. New acquisition Rudy Gay, has been an asset off the bench, averaging 13 points and five rebounds per game.
For the Mavs, their offense will be put to the test as the Spurs rank tied for 4th in the league for least points allowed per game at 99.6. Dallas must feed Harrison Barnes and Dennis Smith Jr. the ball to continue their hot streak over the past three games. This past week, Barnes averaged 25 points and 11 rebounds while the rookie averaged 19 points, six rebounds, and six assists.
Following Nerlens Noel’s Instagram post following Sunday’s loss to Oklahoma City, it will be interesting to see how many minutes Carlisle plays him, if any. Salah Mejri has been effective as of late and a defensive presence will definitely be needed to hinder LaMarcus Aldridge.
Tip-off is at 7:30 at the AAC. Go Mavs!
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 3: A Coach’s Perspective
- Three Rangers with major questions surrounding them in the second half of Summer Camp
- Dak, Cowboys unlikely to reach deal before Wednesdays deadline
- Dallas Wings release Wubble season schedule
- After three playoff holes, Colin Morikawa wins at Muirfield Village
- Five Rangers making their presence known after Week One of Summer Camp
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Qualifiers get the green light- how does Dallas matchup in its first three games?
- Best of the Mavericks social media fun after several days in the bubble
- NHL set to return August 1st; Stars skate again on August 3rd
- Tony Romo seeks third straight American Century Championship title in Lake Tahoe