The Dallas Wings (4-3) are back in front of their home crowd after a 10-day absence. Wings guard Skylar Diggins-Smith is fresh off a scorching performance against the Indiana Fever. Diggins-Smith recorded career-highs of 35 points and 12 rebounds in the 89-83 victory against Indiana and currently leads the WNBA in scoring with 23 points per game.
— Dallas Wings (@DallasWings) June 9, 2018
Dallas hosts the Phoenix Mercury (7-3) at 7 p.m. from the College Park Center in Arlington. It will be the second of three meetings between the teams this season.
Diana Taurasi became the first WNBA player with 1,000 career 3-pointers en route to an 86-78 victory over the Wings during the season opener. Taurasi finished with 26 points while Skylar Diggins-Smith and Liz Cambage each totaled 18, respectively.
Cambage faces a tough task ahead as the 6-foot-8 center will likely earn the task of defending Mercury center Brittney Griner. Griner is currently among the top-5 leading scorers (third), averaging 21.1 points per game. Dallas has two players among the WNBA’s top-5 scoring leaders (Diggins-Smith; Cambage, 20.4).
KEYS TO THE GAME:
The battle on the boards will be an interesting follow throughout the evening as two of the league’s most imposing centers share the floor at College Park Center. Cambage currently owns the advantage between the two, averaging 10.6 rebounds per game to Griner’s 7.5 per game, respectively.
Griner and Cambage are also the WNBA’s two leading shot-blocking artists (Griner, 2.9 per game; Cambage, 2.7 per game). Fans are encouraged to arrive early for the block party when the two face each other tonight.
The Battle of the Bigs heads to College Park Center tomorrow night as Brittney Griner and the Mercury come to town. Don't have your tickets yet? Here's what you're missing. 😏 (cc: @ecambage)
— Dallas Wings (@DallasWings) June 11, 2018
Look for Wings guard Diggins-Smith to follow her career-high performance with a spirited showcase against the Mercury. Despite shooting 6-of-19 during the loss in Phoenix, Diggins-Smith still managed 18 points, 9 assists and 6 rebounds.
Fans can purchase tickets online. The contest is also available on multiple platforms. The game will be televised on Fox Sports Southwest Plus and broadcast on League Pass. Fans with access to Twitter can also follow the game live through the social media platform.
It's time for a Season Opener rematch! Watch Liz Cambage and Brittney Griner face off TONIGHT at 7:00 pm CST as the Wings host the Mercury!
— Dallas Wings (@DallasWings) June 12, 2018
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Five Rangers making their presence known after Week One of Summer Camp
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Qualifiers get the green light- how does Dallas matchup in its first three games?
- Best of the Mavericks social media fun after several days in the bubble
- NHL set to return August 1st; Stars skate again on August 3rd
- Tony Romo seeks third straight American Century Championship title in Lake Tahoe
- Key details from the announced Rangers 2021 schedule
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep 2: Iffy testing procedures and a look into the 2020 schedule
- Shin-Soo Choo continuing to help the Rangers organization on and off the field
- Jordan Spieth and other top pros return for the Workday Charity Classic
- Evaluating the new 2020 Rangers regular season schedule