The Dallas Stars may be hosting the 2018 NHL Draft but they are already making moves with an eye on the 2019 draft.
The team acquired a conditional fourth-round selection in the 2019 NHL Draft in exchange for defenseman Jamie Oleksiak, Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today.
According to Stars officials, the Pittsburgh Penguins currently owns two fourth-round selections in 2019, their own and Minnesota’s. Dallas will receive the earlier of the two picks.
Oleksiak, 24, has recorded three points (1-2=3) in 21 games played this season. In six seasons with the Stars, he appeared in 140 regular-season games posting 22 points (7-15=22).
The 6-foot-7, 255-pound native of Toronto, Ontario was originally selected by Dallas in the first round (14th overall) of the 2011 NHL Draft.
- Rangers make another free agency statement with major signing of Jacob deGrom
- Stars Notebook: Hintz signs 8-year extension; Robertson, Benn enjoying fast starts
- The Rangers take a first step this offseason with staff additions, what’s next?
- An early look at what the Texas Rangers need to address in the offseason
- Texas Legends Media Day: Chemistry and connection that is our theme