The Dallas Stars may be hosting the 2018 NHL Draft but they are already making moves with an eye on the 2019 draft.
The team acquired a conditional fourth-round selection in the 2019 NHL Draft in exchange for defenseman Jamie Oleksiak, Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today.
According to Stars officials, the Pittsburgh Penguins currently owns two fourth-round selections in 2019, their own and Minnesota’s. Dallas will receive the earlier of the two picks.
Oleksiak, 24, has recorded three points (1-2=3) in 21 games played this season. In six seasons with the Stars, he appeared in 140 regular-season games posting 22 points (7-15=22).
The 6-foot-7, 255-pound native of Toronto, Ontario was originally selected by Dallas in the first round (14th overall) of the 2011 NHL Draft.
- Projecting the 2023 Texas Rangers Opening Day Roster
- As Jim Montgomery makes first return to Dallas, Stars reminded what could’ve been
- Jung and Hungry: How Josh Jung is ready for the 2023 Rangers Season
- Stars at the All-Star Break: Where Does Dallas Stand as Deboer, Robertson head to Florida?
- How Rangers Players like Corey Seager, Mitch Garver, and Brock Burke will adjust to Rule Changes
You must be logged in to post a comment Login
You must log in to post a comment.