The Dallas Stars may be hosting the 2018 NHL Draft but they are already making moves with an eye on the 2019 draft.
The team acquired a conditional fourth-round selection in the 2019 NHL Draft in exchange for defenseman Jamie Oleksiak, Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today.
According to Stars officials, the Pittsburgh Penguins currently owns two fourth-round selections in 2019, their own and Minnesota’s. Dallas will receive the earlier of the two picks.
Oleksiak, 24, has recorded three points (1-2=3) in 21 games played this season. In six seasons with the Stars, he appeared in 140 regular-season games posting 22 points (7-15=22).
The 6-foot-7, 255-pound native of Toronto, Ontario was originally selected by Dallas in the first round (14th overall) of the 2011 NHL Draft.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Mavericks lose 134-131 thriller to Lillard, Blazers; locked into 7th seed
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Breaking down Game One loss to Calgary
- Keeping It Semi-Casual: The greatness of Rangers stadiums and other venues with Alex Plinck
- Playoff seeding implications on the line as Mavericks play the Blazers
- Five Key Points: Previewing Dallas (3) vs Calgary (7)
- Tim Hardaway Jr. and Mavs role players step up to handle the Jazz in the second half
- What to watch for as Mavericks take on the Jazz
- 23-year-old Collin Morikawa wins the PGA Championship
- Rangers sweep Angels thanks to oddities and a Lance Lynn milestone
- No shortage of amazement for Luka Doncic’s insane pass late in the Mavs win over the Bucks