The Dallas Stars prospects fell to the Columbus Blue Jackets 7-2 Friday afternoon in the opening game of the 2017 NHL Traverse City Prospects Tournament in Traverse City, Michigan.
Niklas Hansson and Nick Caamano scored for Dallas. Landon Bow made 21 saves in the loss. The Stars will return to the ice for Day 2 of the tournament tonight (Saturday) at 6 p.m. CT against the St. Louis Blues.
The Tournament at Centre Ice Arena in Traverse City, Mich., runs through Tuesday, Sept. 12th. The eight-team tournament field includes the Stars, Carolina Hurricanes, Chicago Blackhawks, Blue Jackets, Detroit Red Wings, Minnesota Wild, New York Rangers and St. Louis Blues.
Teams will play each opponent in their division in a round-robin format before a crossover on the final day of the tournament, capped off with the first-place finishers in each division meeting for the Matthew Wuest Memorial Cup on Tuesday, Sept. 12.
Per the Dallas Stars, below is the Tournament schedule (All times CST)
Friday, Sept. 8
- Columbus 7, Dallas 2 – Final
- 3 p.m. – St. Louis vs. Minnesota
- 6 p.m. Chicago vs. N.Y. Rangers
- 6:30 p.m. Detroit vs. Carolina
Saturday, Sept. 9
- 2:30 p.m. Carolina vs. N.Y. Rangers
- 3 p.m. Chicago vs. Detroit
- 6 p.m. Dallas vs. St. Louis
- 6:30 p.m. Minnesota vs. Columbus
Monday, Sept. 11
- 2 p.m. St. Louis vs. Columbus
- 2:30 p.m. Dallas vs. Minnesota
- 5:30 p.m. Carolina vs. Chicago
- 6 p.m. N.Y. Rangers vs. Detroit
Tuesday, Sept. 12
- 2 p.m. — Seventh-Place Game
- 2:30 p.m. — Fifth-Place Game
- 5:30 p.m. — Third-Place Game
- 6 p.m. — Championship Game
- Stars at the All-Star Break: Where Does Dallas Stand as Deboer, Robertson head to Florida?
- How Rangers Players like Corey Seager, Mitch Garver, and Brock Burke will adjust to Rule Changes
- Rivalry renewed: Top 5 Cowboys’ moments against 49ers
- Texas Rangers Foundation Participates in a Day of Service for MLK Day
- Is Dak Prescott’s legacy on the line Monday Night?