It only took the Dallas Stars 59 seconds to score enough goals to win the game Tuesday night against the Montreal Canadiens as Dallas defeated the Habs 3-1. Trailing 1-0 in the game, Devin Shore scored with 1:36 to play in the second period to tie the game. The tally was set up nicely by a John Klingberg pass.
Less than a minute later, Jason Spezza found the back of the net on what Daryl Reaugh called a “greasy cookie for Spezza.” Reaugh’s comments were in reference to the puck finding Spezza’s stick right in front of the goal as he was falling to the ice. Tyler Seguin would close out the scoring with an empty-netter late in the third period.
The rest of the night belonged to the goaltender. Ben Bishop was amazing in net as the Habs had a flurry of shots against the Stars’ netminder. Bishop stopped 29 of 30 shots. The only goal scored against him was a play in which he thought he had the puck under his pads after a shot. The puck fell to the ice and was pushed into the net by Brendan Gallagher.
The save of the night, though, didn’t come from Bishop. Rather it came from Stephen Johns. With just under six minutes to play in the third period, Montreal had the puck deep in the Stars zone. After a flurry of activity, the puck found itself behind Bishop heading for the goal line. It was apparent to everyone in the building the game was about to be tied at two. At the last minute, though, Johns put his stick down and caught the puck as it reached the line to preserve the lead for Dallas.
With the win, Dallas now has 23 points (11-9-1) and is fourth in the central division behind St. Louis, Winnipeg and Nashville. The Stars will be at Colorado Wednesday night for an 8:00 pm puck drop. The game will be televised on Fox Sports Plus.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- In the season of giving thanks, let’s all follow the example of Rangers’ Jose Trevino
- Surveying the Mavericks place in the Western Conference pecking order after free agency
- Ranking the Mavericks recent City Edition jerseys with the 2020-2021 version now official
- Thoughts on the Mavericks roster after the first weekend of NBA Free Agency
- Game Recap: Cowboys earn third win behind fourth-quarter play
- Mavs bring back Cauley-Stein on two-year deal
- Mavericks agree to terms with Wes Iwundu
- Mavericks trade Delon Wright and Justin Jackson in a deal focused on keeping options open in the future
- Is it Fair to Call Joey Gallo’s 2020 Season a Regression?
- Re-signing of Trey Burke brings back Mavericks bubble spark plug