Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones revealed Monday at the NFL owners meeting that wide receiver Terrance Williams is recovering from an offseason injury and may not return until training camp.
Cowboys wide receiver Terrance Williams is recovering from a broken foot that required surgery, according to sources. Executive vice president Stephen Jones did not elaborate on the nature of Williams' injury but said Williams would miss some time… https://t.co/plpE6JOkls
— Todd Archer (@toddarcher) March 26, 2018
When and how did the fracture occur? Those facts remain unknown. Jones wouldn’t speak too much to the specifics of the veteran receiver’s injuries. Only that “it’s nothing” to be concerned about for the season.
The Williams news comes on the heels of two exciting free agency signings for the Cowboys in wide receivers Allen Hurns and Deonte Thompson. With the addition of Hurns and Thompson, the Cowboys appear to be building up the supporting cast around their star receiver Dez Bryant and giving him much needed help, rather than releasing him altogether. The latter is still up for debate, however, as the Cowboys haven’t met with the Pro Bowler to discuss his contract.
“We’ll talk about Dez when it’s time,” Jones said.
The plot thickens. It should be interesting to see how the wide receiver story unfolds in Dallas, but it’s good to see the mission to strengthen the roster in action. Meanwhile, we wish Williams a successful and speedy recovery.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- What does the immediate and distant future look like for the Mavericks and Kristaps Porzingis relationship?
- Mavericks simply don’t have enough for the fight in loss to the 76ers
- How Kyle Cody is already making a major impact in the Rangers organization
- Three things to watch for as the Mavericks travel to Philadelphia
- A couple of takeaways as Luka sinks the Celtics
- What to make of the latest Mavericks/Kristaps Porzingis trade rumors
- Mark Cuban denies report that team is shopping Kristaps Porzingis
- Storylines as the Mavericks host the Celtics on the second night of a back-to-back
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 22: From Big Easy to Surprise, Arizona w/ Kennedi Landry
- The Cowboys can franchise tag Dak Prescott as soon as Tuesday