After a lackluster performance to start the season, Texas Christian University (2-0) went on the road and took down Purdue (1-2) and halted their highly-touted offense, 34 to 13 in West Lafayette, Indiana.
Entering the game, the question was whether or not the TCU defense could stop the passing attack of the Purdue Boilmakers, an offense ranked second in the nation with a deadly receiving threat in Rondale Moore. The Horned Frogs answered the question by putting on a defensive shutdown of the Boilmakers offense. To be fair, Purdue didn’t play their starting quarterback due to a concussion, but it was still an impressive performance.
The defense held Purdue to just 181 yards passing, way below the average of 466 passing yards through two games. TCU also was dominant in stopping the run, only allowing 23 yards on just 25 carries. They also forced two turnovers in the process.
On the offense side, the Horned Frogs had decent quarterback play from sophomore Max Duggan, who threw for 70 yards and a touchdown. The real star was senior running back Darius Anderson, who ran for a career high 179 yards on just 16 carries. He also had two touchdowns as well, averaging 11.2 yards-per-carry. Fellow running back Sewo Olonilua also rushed for 106 yards on just 16 carries with a score as well.
It was a dominating performance for a team that’s looking to make some noise in a very contested conference. If TCU can stick with one quarterback and gets the passing game on par with both the defense and rushing attack, this team could challenge for the role of spoiler this season.
Up next for the Horned Frogs is a home match up with metroplex rival SMU, Saturday.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars take game two; Game three preview vs. Calgary
- Time is just about up for Rougned Odor in the Rangers lineup
- Oleksiak Pushes Stars Past Flames in Game Two
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep 7: A Rangers Off Day with SI’s Chris Halicke
- A couple takeaways as the Mavs fall to Suns, prepare for postseason
- FC Dallas stunned by Nashville SC in home return while pregame stories overshadow the match
- ¿Qué podemos esperar de los Cowboys?
- Dallas Cowboys add Everson Griffen
- Dak Prescott addresses the media for the first time this season
- Chris Woodward and Rangers coaching staff faced with tough decisions early on this season