Things are shaking up in the Dallas Cowboys coaching and front offices. As of now, the coaches saying goodbye include: QB coach Wade Wilson (expired contract and contemplating future), wide receiver coach Steve Loney (retiring), passing game coordinator Matt Eberflus (looking for a DC position), secondary coach Joe Baker (contract expired), and special teams coach Rich Bisaccia (headed to Oakland).
The front office may also see a change-up as well. There have also been rumors that the Houston Texans have their sights set on the Cowboys Vice President of Personnel, Will McClay, for their general manager position.
Two more personnel executives the Texans are interested in for their vacant GM job are Eagles VP of player personnel Joe Douglas and Cowboys VP of player personnel Will McClay.
— John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) January 5, 2018
Will McClay is best known for his scouting abilities. Consider him a high ranking consiglieri for the Jones’ family run business. He’s is usually in the shadows but his talents and and work ethic have helped him move up the ranks and become a valuable asset for the Cowboys organization. He is most certainly deserving of a GM position but as long as Jerry Jones is running things, that won’t happen (Mr. Jones holds that title).
In the past, McClay has been loyal to the Cowboys. Two years ago, he turned down talks with the Detroit Lions for their GM position. This time, however, may be different. McClay grew up outside of Houston and went to college at Rice. He has social and family networks down there. That combined with the title and salary of general manager could persuade him jump ship.
Since Will McClay is still under contract, the Cowboys can block the Texans from reaching out for talks. One thing is for sure, the Cowboys may have to shell out big bucks if they want to keep McClay. This developing story is one to keep your eye on.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
/ 3 months ago
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Evaluating the new 2020 Rangers regular season schedule
- Three Rangers needing to click for team success in 2020
- Rangers slugger Joey Gallo tests positive for COVID-19
- SMU alum Bryson DeChambeau comes back to win in Michigan
- Four observations from the Rangers first intrasquad game on Sunday
- One year later, Mavs free agency signings of 2019 are proving their worth
- Three Rangers with the most future money on the line in a condensed 2020 season
- ‘We all got a little more extra juice now’: Kristaps Porzingis on the NBA season restart
- Summer Camp begins for the Rangers; four things to pinpoint before the season starts
- Spieth and many other big names out as the PGA Tour heads to Detroit for the Rocket Mortgage Classic