Back to back losses have now hit the Texas Legends (13-24) as they fall to the Memphis Hustle (20-16) 115 to 94 Saturday night in Frisco, Texas.
The game was pretty close at the end of the first quarter, but the Hustle would go on a major run building up a 25-point lead going into halftime. The Legends could only muster up 16 points in that quarter.
“We weren’t there mentally,” Kostas Antetokounmo said. “We weren’t getting stops and we couldn’t get buckets.”
Things got better for the Legends in the second-half as they started to get more defensive stops and kept hacking away at the lead. By the start of the 4th quarter, the Legends went on a 16-8 run to help get the team within 10, thanks to leading scorers Antetokounmpo and Keith Hornsby who both had 16 points on the night. Unfortunately, the Legends’ defense couldn’t hold on and the Hustle would get the lead back quickly and eventually sealing the win in the 4th.
“We knew the game was close and we could win, we just had to battle,” Antetokounmo said.
In addition to his 16 points, Antetokounmo put up six rebounds and two assists. Hornsby also had 5 rebounds on the night.
This team has now lost in two blowouts in back to back games, yet Antetokounmo said things can get better if they learn from their mistakes, watch film and keep practicing.
The Legends will take an extended break before they take on the South Bay Lakers, who come to Comerica Center in Frisco on Wednesday, February 13th at 7 p.m. CST.
- Winter is Coming: Cowboys’ December Stretch is Brutal
- Wilson’s deal presents ideal time for Prescott extension
- Dallas Stars score four first period goals in Game 4 rout of Predators
- Photos: Stars vs Predators (April 17, 2019)
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa continuing to learn and grow for the Rangers
- Arike Ogunbowale evolves Wings backcourt, set for rookie season in Dallas
- The Greatness That is Texas Rangers’ PA Announcer Chuck Morgan
- Photos: Rangers vs Angels (April 15, 2019)
- What makes up the Rangers’ manager Chris Woodward’s new philosophy?
- Photos: Rangers vs Athletics (April 14, 2019)