Despite a career-high 401 passing yards and five total touchdowns by quarterback Sam Ehlinger, No. 9/9 Texas (1-1, 0-0) fell, 45-38, to No. 6/6 LSU at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium on Saturday night.
- Sam Ehlinger’s 401 passing yards marked the sixth 400-yard passing game by a Texas quarterback in program history.
- Ehlinger tied a career high with five total touchdowns accounted for. He passed for a career-high tying four touchdowns and rushed for one.
- Devin Duvernay and Brennan Eagles each finished with over 100 yards receiving, which is the 16th time Texas has had pair of 100-yard receivers in a single game.
- After LSU opened the scoring with a field goal on its first possession, Texas grabbed a first quarter lead on a 55-yard pass from Sam Ehlinger to Brennan Eagles.
- LSU scored 17 unanswered points to close the first half with a 20-7 lead.
- Texas had a great start to the second half, scoring a pair of touchdowns in the third quarter to trim the LSU lead to 23-21.
- To start the second half, Texas engineered a19-play, 86-yard touchdown drive. The drive was the longest touchdown drive by Texas since the 2010 season (previous 22 plays, 80 yards at Texas Tech in 2010).
- LSU scored 22 points in the fourth quarter to finish off the win.
- The Longhorns scored a touchdown with 22 seconds left, on a 15-yard pass from Sam Ehlinger to Devin Duvernay.
Texas heads on the road for the first time this season, playing against Rice at NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas. The game between the Longhorns and Owls will kickoff at 7 p.m. and be televised on CBS Sports Network.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Rangers broadcaster CJ Nitkowski discusses the possible routes to a 2020 season
- 2012 Rangers Bonus: How Texas fares in baseball simulation vs. Actual results
- Esports Trade Association President John Davidson talks connecting with the female audience and possible growth opportunities
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Colby Lewis dominates in Seattle, but offense doesn’t break through until the 12th
- Should’ve been, could’ve been: The story of the 2012 Texas Rangers, Part Three
- How many quarterbacks are better than Dak Prescott?
- Should’ve Been, Could’ve Been: The story of the 2012 Texas Rangers, Part Two
- What does the future hold for the Rangers old Globe Life Park?
- Sports Innovation Lab’s 2020 Hackathon
- Cowboys Mailbag: Underselling Jason Garrett as an offensive coordinator?