In this episode, I chat with Syracuse grad, Brandon Ross. Brandon is a former play by play announcer for the Burlington Royals (a former low-A affiliate for the Kansas City Royals). Brandon covers the Orange for Syracuse’s own WAERSports and Z89Sports. We chat about the brisk pace to the Rangers start of winter, the world of broadcasting, name drop some Syracuse alums, and some great baseball stories. I also ask Brandon about the development among the minor leagues getting into the big leagues and how time in the majors in 2020 may affect the Rangers’ minor leaguers in 2021.
- Why is Rangers’ Isiah Kiner-Falefa underrated? He and his teammates make the case for him in the All Star Game
- Rangers fans get possible look at the future in Vanderbilt pitchers at College World Series
- FC Dallas against Minnesota ends in a draw as Toyota Stadium is fully open
- In the midst of Pride Month, Rangers players and coaches share their thoughts on the eventual possibility of an openly gay teammate in MLB
- Dirk Nowitzki returns to Mavericks as special advisor to the franchise
- A major fork in the road is in front of Mark Cuban as owner of the Mavericks
- Rick Carlisle out as Mavericks coach after 13 seasons
- Doncic on Donnie Nelson’s exit from Dallas: ‘I’m not the one making decisions’
- Hoops Tank: Reaction to the Donnie Nelson news and questions about what could be next for the Mavericks
- The Rangers late offensive surges on the road: Encouraging or frustrating?