After losing seven consecutive games by a combined 21 runs, the Texas Rangers (35-45) rebounded heavily.
Over the course of the last nine games, the Rangers have come out victorious eight times. At one point during that stretch the Rangers won seven games in a row, and dating back to last Tuesday, June 19, the Rangers’ record sits at 5-1 with their only loss coming in a 2-0 defeat on Sunday afternoon against the Minnesota Twins at Target Field in Minneapolis.
Notably, five of those six victories over the last week came on the road. The Rangers first stopped in Kansas City where they swept the Royals with a 13-6 winning margin. Starting pitcher Cole Hamels (4-6) picked up his first win in almost a month while Austin Bibens-Dix (5-5) earned his first win of the season.
Once the series against the Royals concluded on Wednesday, the Rangers flew to Minnesota to dominate the Twins for a three game series. Winning two-of-three, the Rangers’ offense went on a tear by putting up 17 runs in the first two games before being shut out 2-0 by Twins’ starting pitcher Jose Berrios who tallied 12 strikeouts.
Last night, the Rangers returned home and defeated the San Diego Padres 7-4 by using a 5-run scoring machinery in the bottom-of-the-sixth inning. That game was the first of a three game series. On Friday the Rangers will welcome the Chicago White Sox for another three game series at Globe Life Park in Arlington before the Houston Astros come to town.
- Outfielder Shin Shoo Choo extended his on-base streak to 38 consecutive games on Monday night
- Infielder Elvis Andrus returned to the lineup on Monday, June 18 after being out since April 11 with a fractured right elbow.
2019-2020 Mavericks Player Profiles
Justin Jackson Age: 24 Position: Small Forward 2018-2019: 81 games, 7.2 PPG, 2.6...
Dorian Finney-Smith Age: 26 Position: Forward 2018-2019: 81 games, 7.5 PPG, 4.8 RPG,...
- Stars appear to have stopped the bleeding, after a win against Ottawa
- 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Preview Roundtable
- TweetCap: Twitter reacts to Cowboys Sunday night divisional win over Eagles
- Skylar Diggins-Smith states she played the ‘entire’ 2018 season while pregnant
- Elvis opts in? Wash to the Padres? Rangers news and notes from October
- Rangers Futures: OF/DH Shin-Soo Choo
- Dallas Stars season report card three weeks into 2019-20 season
- Dallas Cowboys: Week 6 Stock Report
- Landry Jones, Lance Dunbar among notable picks for Renegades in inaugural XFL Draft
- Ep. 10: Cowboys-Jets, Garrett’s Hot Seat, Injury Concerns, & Cowboys-Eagles Preview