After losing seven consecutive games by a combined 21 runs, the Texas Rangers (35-45) rebounded heavily.
Over the course of the last nine games, the Rangers have come out victorious eight times. At one point during that stretch the Rangers won seven games in a row, and dating back to last Tuesday, June 19, the Rangers’ record sits at 5-1 with their only loss coming in a 2-0 defeat on Sunday afternoon against the Minnesota Twins at Target Field in Minneapolis.
Notably, five of those six victories over the last week came on the road. The Rangers first stopped in Kansas City where they swept the Royals with a 13-6 winning margin. Starting pitcher Cole Hamels (4-6) picked up his first win in almost a month while Austin Bibens-Dix (5-5) earned his first win of the season.
Once the series against the Royals concluded on Wednesday, the Rangers flew to Minnesota to dominate the Twins for a three game series. Winning two-of-three, the Rangers’ offense went on a tear by putting up 17 runs in the first two games before being shut out 2-0 by Twins’ starting pitcher Jose Berrios who tallied 12 strikeouts.
Last night, the Rangers returned home and defeated the San Diego Padres 7-4 by using a 5-run scoring machinery in the bottom-of-the-sixth inning. That game was the first of a three game series. On Friday the Rangers will welcome the Chicago White Sox for another three game series at Globe Life Park in Arlington before the Houston Astros come to town.
- Outfielder Shin Shoo Choo extended his on-base streak to 38 consecutive games on Monday night
- Infielder Elvis Andrus returned to the lineup on Monday, June 18 after being out since April 11 with a fractured right elbow.
- Rangers make another free agency statement with major signing of Jacob deGrom
- Stars Notebook: Hintz signs 8-year extension; Robertson, Benn enjoying fast starts
- The Rangers take a first step this offseason with staff additions, what’s next?
- An early look at what the Texas Rangers need to address in the offseason
- Texas Legends Media Day: Chemistry and connection that is our theme