After losing seven consecutive games by a combined 21 runs, the Texas Rangers (35-45) rebounded heavily.
Over the course of the last nine games, the Rangers have come out victorious eight times. At one point during that stretch the Rangers won seven games in a row, and dating back to last Tuesday, June 19, the Rangers’ record sits at 5-1 with their only loss coming in a 2-0 defeat on Sunday afternoon against the Minnesota Twins at Target Field in Minneapolis.
Notably, five of those six victories over the last week came on the road. The Rangers first stopped in Kansas City where they swept the Royals with a 13-6 winning margin. Starting pitcher Cole Hamels (4-6) picked up his first win in almost a month while Austin Bibens-Dix (5-5) earned his first win of the season.
Once the series against the Royals concluded on Wednesday, the Rangers flew to Minnesota to dominate the Twins for a three game series. Winning two-of-three, the Rangers’ offense went on a tear by putting up 17 runs in the first two games before being shut out 2-0 by Twins’ starting pitcher Jose Berrios who tallied 12 strikeouts.
Last night, the Rangers returned home and defeated the San Diego Padres 7-4 by using a 5-run scoring machinery in the bottom-of-the-sixth inning. That game was the first of a three game series. On Friday the Rangers will welcome the Chicago White Sox for another three game series at Globe Life Park in Arlington before the Houston Astros come to town.
- Outfielder Shin Shoo Choo extended his on-base streak to 38 consecutive games on Monday night
- Infielder Elvis Andrus returned to the lineup on Monday, June 18 after being out since April 11 with a fractured right elbow.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
/ 2 months ago
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- PHOTOS: Blue for Black Lives Matter March
- NHL and NHLPA Come to Agreement on Playoff Formatting
- International return dates for Mavs stars are among the new details emerging in NBA’s plan to return
- As MLB owners and players clash over money, Rangers baseball in 2020 is looking iffier than ever
- NBA ready to ratify plan for a return in Orlando; How does it shake out for the Mavs?
- Prescott makes impactful statement on George Floyd, donates $1M to cause
- Dirk Nowitzki & the Mavericks backing up their words with action in the community
- PHOTOS: Protests around DFW
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Vicente Padilla’s gem and Michael Young Clutch double lifts Rangers over Royals.
- PHOTOS: Protesters gather in Dallas